Best headphones under £50

greed378

n00b
I am looking for some headphones for under £50, which I will be using mainly for single player gaming, with some music. So far I have been recommended the superlux hd668b and the creative aurvana live but I would love some more opinions/other options. What should I buy?

What Sennheiser models are available to you? The Sennheiser 419 might be in your price range and is generally a better all around headphone than the superlux and creative.

The 419 is in my price range. What would you say makes it better than the other two?

Sennheisers are the best gaming headphones I have used. While the 419 is not as good as my 558, it shares a lot of the same characteristics. They are comfortable, lightweight and tough. The earpads are comfortable too which is vital. The sound is more neutral with a touch of bass which makes for a fun gaming headphone. You will be able to clearly hear where things are in a game or movie as they have decent sized sound stages and the bass isn't overwhelming the details.

In short, it sounds better, is easier to wear for long periods and nobody really has a problem with them. The creative has issues with build quality and the superlux can be sharp sounding (especially if you are younger) with pleather earpads that cause your ears to sweat.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The panasonic headphones are good but a lot of the buzz is hype. Great headphones for the money but take the reviews with a grain of salt. Head-Fi is a wonderful site but the folks there can get a bit over the top with praise. Called Flavor of the month. You can find a new headphone that is the latest and greatest ever almost every month.

I don't know. I have a pair myself and also have a pair of sennhsiser HD600s.

I listen to as many headphones as I can get my hands on for comparison and those Panasonics still remain the best quality for the dollar I have heard to date.

I can't think of a pair that comes close for under £50 let alone one that surpasses them for under £100.

i have many but the plantronic gamescom 780.i must say I'm very happy with it and also Superlux 681 EVO is not bad...

I don't know. I have a pair myself and also have a pair of sennhsiser HD600s.

I listen to as many headphones as I can get my hands on for comparison and those Panasonics still remain the best quality for the dollar I have heard to date.

I can't think of a pair that comes close for under £50 let alone one that surpasses them for under £100.

For gaming? They are closed. I understand for.music that they are the budget king. I also agree that they are damn good. Just that the 600 isnt really a gaming voiced headphone and neither is the panny. Mind you both will work fine but just wont do directional sound as.well as a pair of senns, akg, or audiotechnica cans.

The Panasonic rp-htf600-s are not exactly closed. At best they are semi-open. There are 11 slits on each side that are open. You can also definitely hear lots of sound leaknig out these slits when someone is using the headphones.

Last edited:
I have DT 990s, i just ordered the panasonics and JVC Harx 700s. both of them have glowing reviews and were $32 shipped. Based on appearance i think the JVC look nicer, but the JVC harx700 look like knock off AD700s which people love.

The Panasonics can be modded to fit veloud DT 250 pads which would be a huge PLUS for me.

Samson SR850 is pretty amazing for the $50 i paid for it. To compare my taste in headphones,
I had HD 600, HD650, Denon ADH2000 used them all with a headphone amplifier and liked the Denon the best.
As far as PC headsets, I had a PC360, the AX 5.1 or something like that, the Razer Carcharias and Logitech active 5.1 and liked the PC360's simple stereo sound over all of them.

Still, for $50 SR850, dollar per dollar, a better headphone.

Hey guys, sorry to butt in this thread, but it was dead otherwise anyway. I'm also looking for new cans.

So between the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and JVC Harx 700, which is better for music? (And other all-around stuff) I don't really game anymore.

What do you think, buttons and SirMaster? And anyone else? Thanks, guys!

dead thread revival.....

The AudioTechnica MTH50 is a great set of cans for a very affordable price....simply great for music with a solid low end that is not boomy or muddy.

Music is fantastic in them.

Back