Best in class TN based monitor?

Mysticode

Gawd
I already own a 20" IPS Dell 2007WFP from the infamous lottery of a few years ago, but I now come to realize I could really benefit from more screen real estate for my computer games, 1680x1050 isn't cutting it anymore.

What, if they even exist, the best TN monitors that are above 20/22" in size? If they don't exist, what are the best PVA/MVA (I think that's what they are called) ones? I don't want to spend more than $300 (spent $350 on my 20").

if you're using it for gaming, I highly suggest that you check out one of the new 120hz displays :) They're available in both 22" (1680x1050) and 24" (1920x1080)

Well something decent, even if its for gaming.. I want decent performance and less color shifting than the older TN planels - hence why im interested in better TN panels.

I had older TN panels before. I had an older Westinghouse 22" TN panel and the colors looked washed out. I have the ASUS 27" TN panel and it's not as washed out as the smaller Westinghouse 22" TN panel I had. Also, the ASUS 27" I would say is better on the view angles than the Hanns-G 28" (27.5" viewable) display that I have. For a TN panel, the colors are pretty vibrant. This is my favorite TN panel now compared to the rest of the TN panels I have or had. The HP with the glossy screen have a blueish tint.

Which Asus 27"? The 25.5" inch you linked above, the reviewers say the image quality is pretty low for HD and other high quality content :(

Which Asus 27"? The 25.5" inch you linked above, the reviewers say the image quality is pretty low for HD and other high quality content :(

I have two of the Asus 25.5 models for my Eyefinity setup. They are good monitors but you can see the difference next to my Samsung 275T. Even with saying that they look good with text and gaming. 1920 X 1200 for under $300. Great buy.

Sorry, I was referring to the ASUS MT276HE. This is the ASUS monitor that I have and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm just saying that the ASUS VW266H 25.5in for $294.99 is a good deal. They both have a 2ms GTG response times also. Both my ASUS 27 and the ASUS 25.5" have the SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology so... since my ASUS monitor has good colors that's vibrant, I'm assuming also that the 25.5" would be the same as well.

The ASUS VW266H also has 1:1 pixel mapping if your thinking about connecting a game console to it.

I have two of the Asus 25.5 models for my Eyefinity setup. They are good monitors but you can see the difference next to my Samsung 275T. Even with saying that they look good with text and gaming. 1920 X 1200 for under $300. Great buy.

What kind of difference are you referring to?

I really, really like my LG W2486L. I've been trying out different monitors with TN panels, and for some reason I was getting eyestrain and headaches from the others. The colors seem much better on this LG than other TNs.

I really, really like my LG W2486L. I've been trying out different monitors with TN panels, and for some reason I was getting eyestrain and headaches from the others. The colors seem much better on this LG than other TNs.
U think that is due to the panel being led?

i want more pmva or mva or ips if they have side viewing like my pmva panels. i wouldnt mind another 24" for 170-200. i suggest one of these as most TN suck unless you go for 28" i dunno tho

Back