Best laptop brand?

I though the centrino is a combination of CPU and wireless networking (basically a system) that Intel was pushing ... they just use the Pentium M when the wireless is not bundled ...

i still got my ibm 380xd perfect condition and works well no dead pixels either! :D

But in order to be Centrino you MUST have a Pentium M Processor...so you were kind of redudant there. And the Athlong 64's are pretty much desktop replacements too...cause they suck down batteries just like a p4

TheCzar said:
But in order to be Centrino you MUST have a Pentium M Processor...so you were kind of redudant there. And the Athlong 64's are pretty much desktop replacements too...cause they suck down batteries just like a p4

I agree .. 100% , but it can't be branded a centrino without the wireless ... Dell can put in a laptop with Pentium M, but if it does not have the wireless component, it can't be called a centrino ...

Also the A64 mobile is a least better than the P4 ... although not as good as the Pentium M with regards to power consumption ...

primea said:
I agree .. 100% , but it can't be branded a centrino without the wireless ... Dell can put in a laptop with Pentium M, but if it does not have the wireless component, it can't be called a centrino ...

Also the A64 mobile is a least better than the P4 ... although not as good as the Pentium M with regards to power consumption ...

apparently performance as well

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2129

emorphien said:
I take it you know the centrino is the pentium M.

He was refering to the other acer that newegg is carrying, not the one with the centrino.

NleahciM said:
but a pentium M machine doesn't have to be Centrino. As evidenced by my 600M.
Very good sir. Glad you understand. A pentium M does not a centrino make, but a centrino does mean a pentium M.

Hence saying Centrino is somewhat redundant when listing "Pentium M, Centrino, A64"

emorphien said:
Very good sir. Glad you understand. A pentium M does not a centrino make, but a centrino does mean a pentium M.

Hence saying Centrino is somewhat redundant when listing "Pentium M, Centrino, A64"

No, becasue some are labled as Centrino but not Pentium M, so to alot of consumers they are 2 different products due to the way they are marketed

Loki008 said:
No, becasue some are labled as Centrino but not Pentium M, so to alot of consumers they are 2 different products due to the way they are marketed
That's not the point because they are in fact two ways to market but one processor. Stop nitpicking and confusing things more.

If it has a Pentium M in it, it'll probably perform about as well as a notebook can with respectable battery life.

you all disgust me....

Apple powerbooks are the best.

I am confused on how you all could even fathom that an IBM is better than any Apple laptop..

Meh

hiteak86 said:
you all disgust me....

I am confused on how you all could even fathom that an IBM is better than any Apple laptop..

Meh

Hmmm:

Fast: check
Cool Looking: check
Stable: (running OSX) double check
Photoshop: check
Games: (6 months after the PC releases) check

If it were not for the native support of current games, I'd fuckin switch like Guage in a Gangbang.

kuyaglen said:
Hmmm:

Fast: check
Cool Looking: check
Stable: (running OSX) double check
Photoshop: check
Games: (6 months after the PC releases) check

If it were not for the native support of current games, I'd fuckin switch like Guage in a Gangbang.
Yeah, but the Pentium Ms are actually faster, and some tests indicate faster clock per clock.

I totally love my Sager 5690 as a desktop replacement. I really am convinced it's the best for your money and I did about 4 months of research before I went ahead with my purchase. As far as for an unlimited budget though, I really like those really sweet new Sony's that are ultrathin. They couldn't compete with my Sager for gaming, however, as a college student, it'd be nice to not have to lug around this beast all day. It's like 9 1/2 lbs! Ouch! The Sony is what, rolling in at 4 or something ridiculously low? Anywho...I love my Sager. Had it for 3 days and I still drool every time I walk in the room.

hiteak86 said:
you all disgust me....

Meh

I might agree if Apple would adopt the ThinkPad's uber-sturdy, virtually unmovable-except-for-a-Van-Damme-kick-to-the-desk lid, as opposed to the flopping dong of a lid the current PowerBook models have.

Back