Best LCD for text with inoffensive screen coating?

rsatx

Weaksauce
At the moment I have 2 20" lcds on my desk at home, an NEC 20WMGX2 and a Dell 2007wfp. I have a couple of days left in which I can return the 2007wfp to Dell if I choose, 3 weeks to return the NEC if I choose. I'm tempted to just keep both -it is a nice flexible setup - but I want to ultimately buy a 24" or 30" monitor, for example maybe something like an NEC 24WMGX, later this year.

I like both monitors for different things. Both have good image quality. Some things look better on one, some on the other. I'd give the nod to the NEC slightly overall for image quality, though I have the impression that the Dell handles dark areas a little better and maybe shows a tiny amount more detail. I don't find glare from the NEC's glossy screen coating much of a problem, but the appearance of the anti-glare coating on the Dell bothers me. It gives things, especially white areas, a murky, grainy look I find irritating.

But I sem to find it easier to look at text for long periods on the Dell. So I'm wondering - are there monitors with comparable or better easy-to-read text that have less offensive screen coatings? Any recommendations?

Thanks

most of the screens with the "ultra bright" or no/less ag coating are pretty shitty LCD's

2407WFP all the way

Back