Best LCD manufacturer warantee

zenogias

n00b
Howdy, I am just wondering if there is a side by side comparison of different monitor manufacturer's standard warantee. Basically, which company offers the longest/best warantee as a standard feature of their new monitors?

I have heard good things about Dell, and I leaning toward getting a 2407wfp just because I have heard their warantee is good. How does Samsungs, Viewsonic, and others compare to dell?

Is it true Dell has a standard 3 year warantee on all their monitors?

I'm just looking for as much info on different warantees. Thanks

You shouldnt buy any monitor with less than a 3 year warranty if possible.

Samsung is 3 years parts, labor, and backlight.

NEC is 3 or 4 years standard parts, labor, and backlight.

Not sure about everyone else off the top of my head but the thing ato look out for is that it has backlight warratny. A lot of manufacturers leave this out. I am pretty sure Acer and HP both dont cover the backlight. IF this goes out and it isnt covered you are going to have to buy a hwole new monitor.

I did see a site a few days ago that compared warranties and pixel policies for several makers...I'll dig through my intarwebnet files and see if I can find it.

edit- I can go ahead and tell you that Acer is 3 years parts/labor and 3 years backlight and I believe 4 or more dead pixels iirc..

If you really want a good warranty look at like best buys, compusas etc extended warranty. I know compusa is a 1 time replacement. It fails they give you a new screen. Sucks that it is 1 time but there is no wait. You get a new screen in store right away. One thing with dell also is I believe you can get next day replacement warranties on there screens for a price. That way if yours does fuck up you get a replacement very quick.

Thanks swatbat. I am aware of "extended" warantees, I was just wonderin which company had the best standard warantee (and backed it up).

I have looked at a number of monitors in stores now, and basically I like NEC the best, but I can get a 24 inch dell for the price of a 20 inch NEC.

However, if NEC's warantee is even better than Dell (or any other company), then maybe I'll fork out the extra cash.

If someone can find that side-by-side warantee comparison of different companies, that would be awesome.

Back