Best looking Case of 2009

HomerRulez

[H]ard|Gawd
With all the cases, case mods and platform to platform mods, whats your best one?

IMO the best Case I have ever seen is the Thermaltake Level 10. Its got a I will be the norm in 2020 look to it. Something you see in a very futuristic movie.

Whats yours? Mods included.

Cygnus X1:
0009.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
+1 for the Corsair Obsidian 800D, it's not flashy, just simple clean lines.
Form with function !

The Thermaltake Level 10 is butt ugly. They tried too hard for the "wow factor" in my opinion.

Another for the 800D. Though mine is still in it's box. Along with the H50.

(Trying to decide on a new mobo/RAM or SSD/W7 [A bundle deal saving me $100.] next week. Mobo means I use the case, SSD means I continue to use the Antec 900 til I get my new mobo.)

Alienware MJ-12 workstation tower- not 2009, but if the V1110 and Heineken count, then dammit- so does this! :p

While not a fan of the Heiniken, that case would be pretty cool to have. Although better hope no one starts poking at your cpu fan when the pc is on.

Lian Li A71F has nice utilitarian no nonsense look.

Something you see in a very futuristic movie.
... which have always been completely wrong about how computers look.
Don't see much of those "wall full of lights" computers around. (neither will those holographic/non-physical user interfaces will be such revolutionary because human has developed around physical interaction with objects and things)

I'll have to go with the Silverstone FT02. The Corsair Obsidian is good but the side window is just awful.

It kinda looks like its flashing us...the two sides are it's coat and the top is the head. While the panel on the front is...

It kinda looks like its flashing us...the two sides are it's coat and the top is the head. While the panel on the front is...
lol, I thought that too. Reminded me of that little robot that humps Megan Fox's leg in Transformers 2.

I have the 800D but I doubt it is the best looking case by itself. But it is most definitely the case that your hardware looks the best in though imo, if that makes any sense.

Limited to cases you can actually buy (the Cynus X1 would wipe the floor with everything otherwise): The Fractal Design R2. It's what the P183 should have looked like.

I give the award to 800D myself, but I take away points for a horrible model #..... 800D, sheesh.

Can you actually buy the Fractal Design products in the US?

Limited to cases you can actually buy (the Cynus X1 would wipe the floor with everything otherwise): The Fractal Design R2. It's what the P183 should have looked like.

lol I showed that case to my wife she said " I thought it was the new mini fridge".

Gotta say, I like clean and simple.

Corsair Obsidian 800D. It is surprisingly well proportioned for something so huge.

+1, that's awesome. I like the 800D too, but this is pretty phenomenal. I gotta remember that when I have enough cash to mess around with water cooling.

EDIT:

HAHA! I read your post, scrolled back up to the picture to have a second look, and LOL'd so hard I think I might have woken the neighbors. I even spat a little bit of my coffee out.

Last edited:
Another vote for the 800D here.

Really? All these votes for the 800D? That case looks the exact same as any Lian Li / Corsair / Coolermaster black box with a side window case out there. I had a case like that in the late 90s. That wood case or the Level 10 are at least unique and something new, not just another aluminum box with a case window.

I'll throw in another vote for the level 10. Especially after reading the Gizmodo review I've really wanted one. I just can't plunk down 700+ on a freaking case.

Im also interested

Not according to their website, it only shows Western Europe....it's due out in the UK around 6 Jan.

I just got a P183, and it's not the best looking in the world but I have to say it's growing on me more. I like the R2, but as mentioned it does look a bit like a posh mini fridge!

Last edited:
Back