Best looking laptop?

ml1209

Limp Gawd
I know, this is so superficial and the real beauty lies under the hood etc etc.

But let's be shallow for a little bit.

Which notebook computer design sets your heart racing in terms of form factor and exterior skin?

I nominate my HP Elitebook 8560p. I like the austere, stainless/aluminum aesthetic.

These are the same exact pictures you just posted in your "which laptop has the best keyboard?" thread that you started 12 hours before posting this one. Can you start a "which laptop smells the best?" thread next? I have some good contributions to add.

i never thought i'd see the day this would come up on [h] twice in a row.
is this some sort of new troll i haven't heard of?

These are the same exact pictures you just posted in your "which laptop has the best keyboard?" thread that you started 12 hours before posting this one. Can you start a "which laptop smells the best?" thread next? I have some good contributions to add.

lol.

Which laptop tastes the best?

Who's next?

I think this thread + best keyboard thread of the same OP is, I want people to tell me that my laptop is nice cause I payed crap loads of money for an HP laptop thread hahahahaha :)

I think this thread + best keyboard thread of the same OP is, I want people to tell me that my laptop is nice cause I payed crap loads of money for an HP laptop thread hahahahaha :)

Well, I do love my Elitebook. It's just a great laptop to me.

It's the only laptop where I felt it was an ugprade over the Thinkpad that I owned before. My old (now my wife's) 8440W was a step up from the Latitude and Thinkpad of the same generation. Build quality was better, supported quad core in 14", accessory options was better (I could get a docking station that would hold the DVD burner in it, while I had a 2nd drive in my laptop). My current 8560W offers an IPS screen, that, when released, was only really offered by the precision M4600.

But, the W series is a step above the P model.

But, while I certainly do like my EliteBooks, I like them more from a functional standpoint. Same way that I like the Thinkpad...but I gotta take points off for the Orange lettering on the back of my 8560W, and the lit up lid.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I've always been partial to the Thinkpad design. Nice and sturdy looking, black matte color, boxy feel... I like it.

Oddly enough I've always been partial to the Thinkpad design. Nice and sturdy looking, black matte color, boxy feel... I like it.

Agreed. I know some ppl think they are boring, but I think that the durability is what makes it. You don't have to worry about scratching up a metal finish; it can take a beating with little to no visible marks, looks professional, etc.

I would give the thinkpad my nomination for best looking laptop. I personally really dig the matte black color has a nice industrial look to it in a way. I've been eyeing those for a while would look killer next to my gaming rig..lol. not to mention the feel of it is very comfortable. I never could stand the looks of mac computers the all white look to me isn't appealing.. i'm sure they have black macs somewhere but the white ones look hideous.. white electronics in general are unappealing

lenovo-thinkpad-t430u.jpg

G_18606.jpg

Thinkpad T410 - classy black Thinkpad looks; much better looking than the T400 prior to it, and doesn't have the ugly 16:9 screen of the T420.
Dell Latitude E6410 (this post is typed on it) - does the "angular look" perfectly.
Lenovo U260 in orange

Does the elite book suffer from orangeGate on the ips screens? I LIKE how the ASUS zeenbook looks due to its awesome screen. Wish there was a 15.6 version with quad core .

Apple MacBook Air and Samsung Series 9... honourable mention to the ASUS Zenbook Prime.

My ideal laptop is one made of high-quality materials, free (or mostly free) of the stickers that plague Windows laptops and shows taste in the design. The antithesis of the MBA and Series 9? Most Toshiba laptops, sadly (gaudy and often using lots of fake chrome and metal) as well as a lot of gaming-focused systems. And HP... lately, it's just watching what Apple does and imitating that in key parts of its lineup.

Asus W2-v

Nuff said, /thrad, lock this up, its over, end of story, end of days.

The one laptop I wanted to own, and never will :(

The W1-v was a beautiful laptop as well.

But the Asus Zenbooks with the spun metal finish is quite beautiful to.

Back