Best looking OEM cases?

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
So what do you think are the best lookign OEM cases out there? I think that the new Sony's that i see a best buy look pretty nice, but i think my favorite were the late 90's gateway cases, they were large and had a lot of room...

What do you think?

Def the hp....its has that pimp blue power button...i may add a blue led fan to it just for kicks

Sony's look good on the outside, but are a PITA on the inside. Servicing one must be a repair tech's worst nightmare. I had to show an OEM store guy how to open one once cause my friend had the same computer and it took us a whole night to figure it out, it was like a Rubik's cube.

As far as simplicity, ease of use, clean appearance, functionality, and guts accessibility, Gateway is pretty impressive.

i like the sony rs series, as i own one, very clean, with all drives hidden except floppy, and a beautiful blue backlit vaio sign. also, it has a vented side at bottom. but, gateway's btx cases look pretty sweet, but yes, sony for sure.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
SOny, hands down... they look so freaking sweet on the outside, and the way they stealth their drives
QFT.

I walked into compusa, saw those sony's. Damn nice cases.

spotdog14 said:
So what do you think are the best lookign OEM cases out there? I think that the new Sony's that i see a best buy look pretty nice, but i think my favorite were the late 90's gateway cases, they were large and had a lot of room...

What do you think?

seriously man. my oldschool gateway p3 450 which was one of top lines back then is still kickin and running. the case is HUGE!! so much room for it to breathe and spacious. i wish cases today from such places like dell/gateway would be this big :(

Sony cases look nice. Personaly I liked the look of some of the powermac g4 cases. The G5 is pretty neat looking too although I hate working on them. The case is easy to scratch and to remove the powersupply or a logic board is a bitch.

I felt like I was going to break the sony when I looked at it. The drive covers seem like they'd break within a few days....

Here's some pictures of a couple of BOXX chassis.

DSCN0905.JPG

DSCN0915.JPG

And mine:

DSCN0788-1.JPG

Aquabox pc
since they use real cases.

or Voodoo OMEN
but it is tooooo damn expensive!!! OMG

The Sony RA series are really nice (I heard they're "liquid cooled", I didn't know they shipped OEM Watercooled computers?), Alienware and the Dell XPS (desktop and laptop) are also nice as well...

lol, my bad

I ment that aquaboxpc uses real cases that are on the market such as cooler master, lan li, etc

good question lol

Tman said:
lol, my bad

I ment that aquaboxpc uses real cases that are on the market such as cooler master, lan li, etc

good question lol
So then you'd say that Coolermaster or Lian Li make the best chassis.

spotdog14 said:

What do you think?

That's my favorite too. One day I'm gonna paint the one i got black

ceng-phil said:
Sony's look good on the outside, but are a PITA on the inside. Servicing one must be a repair tech's worst nightmare. I had to show an OEM store guy how to open one once cause my friend had the same computer and it took us a whole night to figure it out, it was like a Rubik's cube.

QFT

I was fixing my dads and cleaning it out, and I thought I was going to have to just break it, you have to get the right order and slide everything just right, its was a nightmare. And then putting it back together too... They look cool on the outside but are annoying to deal with.

Hexus0 said:
The Sony RA series are really nice (I heard they're "liquid cooled", I didn't know they shipped OEM Watercooled computers?), Alienware and the Dell XPS (desktop and laptop) are also nice as well...

yah, the ra series has a heatpipe heatsink on the cpu. it just goes to the back top where the psu should be and has a fan there cooling the pipes.

COOL

can you please share some internal pics of the BOXX??? The one with the front hotplug drives...

THank you!!! :D

Lemme see if I can dig some up. I no longer work for them, but I can tell you those hot plug drives were in Supermicro cannisters if that gives you an idea of how it looked on the inside.

edit: Don't have any more that that. The chassis was very similar to their old 12 bay, but instead of the drives you see stack on top of each other, it was all bored out to make room for the supermicro cannisters...exact same design otherwise.

Sony ra....
Walked in compusa seen the new ones and bought one at cost.
Drives are on a different level then the mobo and all that stuff so I thought it was pretty cool.
Installing a video card like the x800xl with a ac cooler on it was another story. The pentium D is blocked off in such a way that the room is tight. I barely made it fit..THEN For me to take my card off I have to use a plastic sword from my lord of the rings figure to unlock the Pci-express lock thingy. IT SUCKS MAJOR.........

Oh well looks good. Last oem I ever buy.....

Sony, and whatever company I saw that has like 3/4 of it's operating side as a mesh panel.. emachines?

Back