Best MOBO for UPcoming 45nano CPU'S

d3viant

Limp Gawd
IM looking to build a new system! was wondering if I should wait for more 45nano supported boards or are there any good current supported boards?

IM looking to build a new system! was wondering if I should wait for more 45nano supported boards or are there any good current supported boards?

Honestly the best time to buy a new mobo that can support the 45nm proccess CPU's is 2-3 months later b/c by then alot of bugs will be worked out.

Best one is probably the one that is not out yet :D P35 and X38 boards all support 45nm but I think the X48 boards are designed specifically around the 45nm. I don't think any are available yet though.

I'm going for the P45 personally when it comes out. It has PCI-E 2.0 support, 1600FSB support, x8 by x8 crossfire configuration, and has so more features on top of that. Sounds like a good deal if its around 150 dollars or so. It should be since the X38 is at the 200-250 area atm.

I like using Nvidia Video cards , so if I get a board that supports Crossfire that mean i'll only be able to run ONE Nvidia card ? If I wanted to run TWO video cards I must have a sli supported board? Same goes for Crossfire , need to run 2 ati cards to utilize crossfirel.

DO I have the correct understanding of SLI and crossfire?

Yup. Nvidia chipsets are the only ones which support SLI. Intel and AMD boards support crossfire.

Any of the P35 boards should support 45nm chips, needing a BIOS update at most. The X38 boards will definately support them, but are more expensive.

Back