best mobo to oc opteron 148?

turbolude

Gawd
I want to go with a new setup. im going to need an SLI board that will OC my opteron the best. Im also all water cooled. ill be running a single evga 7800gt for now. im torn between the evga 7800gt combo mobo from evga 133 k8 nf4 board
or an asus a8n
dfi lan party

not sure what to get but i want to run 3ghz+ stable and a board that can volt mem to 3+
what would u guys suggest?

The DFI LP UT nF4 Ultra-D can be modded for SLI, that is if you know how to. However, the DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D is supposed to be comprable to the Ultra-D except already ready for SLI. That is what I would go for. Also, the board is not the only thing that can determine your OC. The major factor is your CPU. ;) I have a 148 that can do 2.75ghz (100% stable) on stock volts. Doesn't seem to want to go higher than that though, however, I haven't tried going over 1.5v. As a personal preference I won't try.

i dont think the expert is worth spending 200 bucks on since i think i can even hit 3ghz since on the asus premium or deluxe. it seems i cant get past 2.9 even with 1.55volts. ill worry aboyut that later. i might be able to get a asus premium mobo for around 150 or less

try zipzoomfly or click on the banner above and go to teh egg

I dont think you could go wrong with any of teh suggestions in this thread

My only issue with the DFI's is how nitpicky they are about components. I've owned a few and have stopped using them since they seemed to be such a PITA to get working perfectly. Once you did mind you they were great but getting there seemed such a chore.

I know thanks for all your help guys. My pc is always a DAMN chore but we will see how my new setup works out. if the dfi board becomes a pain ill just sell it

Back