best non netbook for $400

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking for a basic notebook for around $400ish. It will be a gift for my GF. It needs to do office and web. The most important thing would have to be reliability.

I would look for a used Thinkpad. I scored a T60P with a 14inch SXGA+ (1440x1050) with a Core 2, 3GB ram for 375 last year.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
eBay, craigslist, find a nice 2-3 generation old Core 2 Duo machine for $300-400, unless you're absolutely stuck on getting an actual Netbook meaning something with a 10-11" screen on it and that form factor.

Only Netbook I would have ever bought was that Nokia one myself. Damned thing was wicked evil cool beautiful and had somewhat decent specs. Hmmm... might have to go looking for one of those myself sometime now that they're basically dead in the water.

Found one in "near mint" condition just now on eBay for under $300... hrmmm... ;)

Best thing about that one is it offers a true 1280x720 "HD capable" LCD panel whereas almost every other Netbook with similar specs gets you stuck with a lame 1024x600 or something.

I think I will jump on the lenovo, if there is one in stock near me. I was going to get an ACER at walmart and take advantage of an employee discount, but its only 10%, which is basically tax in CA.

Back