Best non-reference 4850.

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
I'm looking for a hd4850 with a non-reference cooler. So far I am really impressed with Gigabyte's offerings.

I have looked at the Palit card and even the Saphire non reference versions but I am worried about the memory. I have considered memory heat syncs but I was wondering if there was something out there similar to the 8800gts coolers (covers all of the memory and pushes the hot air out of my case).

Edit: I don't want an HIS card. I have never been impressed with their coolers.

as far as i know, his is the only company that has 4850's on the market pushing air out of the case. even with the 3850 512's the only two companies were powercolor and his. i was waiting for a dual slot, rear exhaust 4850 for my htpc and went with the his.

MSI has a somewhat decent aftermarket cooler from what I've read. I also love the Palit's much shorter form factor which is really good if your HDDs could get in the way.

I however have the standard visiontek 4850 (got it during the BB $150 deal). Compared to the X1800GTO (XL modded) it replaced, it's not only much cooler at stock fan settings (70'C idle compared to 76'C idle) but much quieter at higher fan speeds. Though I simply have the card at 35% rivatuner until it reaches above 75'C when it goes up to 45%. I've only gotten the card above 75'C once and that was running furmark for about 45 minutes.

Sorry you don't like the HIS cards.

I have 5 HIS ICEQ 4580's.

At full load, 55C , fan is so quiet I can't even hear it.
Best money I ever Spend!

I am actually getting ready to sell my VisionTek 4870 just to buy another HIS card.
(Will post it in a few days)

I'm looking for a hd4850 with a non-reference cooler. So far I am really impressed with Gigabyte's offerings.

I have looked at the Palit card and even the Saphire non reference versions but I am worried about the memory. I have considered memory heat syncs but I was wondering if there was something out there similar to the 8800gts coolers (covers all of the memory and pushes the hot air out of my case).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161243

damn good cooler and exhaust the heat out the back of the case.

Aftermarket? Pay tiny bit more for large temperature drop. Also they can be reuse in future cards (most likely).

The MSI looks like a really good cooling card.
All of these seems like really good choices: MSI, Powercolor, or Gigabyte
they all have good reviews, quiet, and good temps. The Palit sonic is a little bit too expensive.

HIS ICEQ4 if you want to pay a premium is also a good option

Back