Best non sleeve 140mm fans?

SylarPowers

[H]ard|Gawd
It's been a while, I'm wondering if any good 140mm fans came to market or which currently are the best to get. Money is not a concern. Currently I am running six 120mm AP-15 GT fans in my Lian Li PC-X2000F PC Case with 140mm-120mm adapters, and the noise isn't quite as silent as I hoped, even when fan controlled. Seeing if any better quieter solution exists or if that's what I should be satisfied with. Noise is ok but not perfect for HTPC application. However I do care about cooling too, so I don't want my temps to rise too much just for silence, but a nice medium of great cooling but still very silent fan, but leaning on the silence side of the fence. A cooling sweet spot so to speak. What I have might be it, like I said its ok but I'm wondering if there is something better if I move to the 140mm size. FYI I'm using the H80 CPU cooler and it does not seem to be a factor in the noise when I play with the built in fan controller on the case and the H80 itself.

Also I need good fan controllers for my short list. The built in ones are hard to reach and I would like individual control knobs for the six fans. Straight up analog knobs.

Running an msi lightning 580 and a seasonic x850 PSU. These seem quiet enough for me. Just looking at the case fans for possible upgrade.

Last edited:
I dont know any of the model numbers off buy heart, but i know Noctua fans are one of the best for performance/silence out there right now. Amazing fans, ill be getting a few for my new rads in the next few months.

Although they might be alittle on the pricey side, they are the best performing/silent fans on the market IMO.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004

I have not really lived in the new room with the fans, now that I hear them in the room with the door on the case, its not sooo bad. But I still want to see where 140mm fans rank compared to my current setup.

Back