Best online store to buy games from

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
I know this question has been asked before but I'd like to bring the topic up again. I refuse to pay standard retail for games, especially those who have been out for weeks or months. For instance, I was in best buy today and Bioshock (PC) had a sticker of $49, wtf it's been out for 3 months. But looking at amazon.com it's selling for $39.99 which seems more reasonable. So what I'd like to know is which online stores offer the best deals and prices on games on average.

thx

Steam ;). Digital Distribution FTW!

The only problem with that is, it kinda doesn't work when you need to tell your wife/gf/family what you want for your birthday or xmas. They can't buy you a game off steam, it has to be from a regular store and they need to be able to wrap it up and put a bow on it lol :) and not just that, I did buy the orange box off steam, and every time i see the REAL orange box in stores I wish I had one :( call me old fashioned but I like boxed games

gogamer.com does pretty well. They have a 48-madness sale where you can get good prices. For example they have Gears of War for around 32-34 bucks. I am at work, otherwise I would link it for you.

I use gogamer.com for hard-to-find or import titles. Their prices are always a few dollars cheaper than retail, which makes up for having to pay for shipping, and their service has been flawless. I'm not sure if their prices would be lower than most retail outlets though, but I can probably promise it wouldn't be any worse than Best Buy.

Bioshock PC

For retailers, seriously check out Circuit City on new titles. They often sell them $10 cheaper for the first week or so. Best Buy will price match that if you tell them to.

Gamestop has decent prices on used games (not for pc though) and shipping is pretty quick since they have stores/warehouses all over the country.

GoGamer.com rocks! I've been using them for years and have never had a problem. They now have a few warehouses throughout the US, so the shipping is much quicker than it use to be. The prices are very competitive too.

I've used them many times to grab an Import. I highly recommend using them. I've used NewEgg for games before, but still think GoGamer is better IMO.

I use Amazon lately.
Reason, I have Prime so shipping is always "free", 2nd day UPS and no sales tax.
In comparison to EBGames (which is very efficient) where you pay 5 bucks for shipping and then tax on top of that......adds about 11 bucks to a purchase.

Ugh Steam?! How can anyone recommend that pile??

Anyway, GoGamer's Madness email newsletter is the best place I've found for good deals on PC games.

My favorite place as of late is familyvideo.com. Picked up Halo 3 on release for 48$ shipped, used them for COD4 (49$), and recently Assassins Creed (48$) shipped. They have a regular coupon for 3-5$ off and they are usually 5-8$ off normal retail prices to begin with. The 1$ shipping gets to me on the west coast in 4-5 days via USPS.

Games Stop will get you your games pretty quickly and they have a good selection to choose from. Preordered Jade Empire (IIRC) online from them and got it two days later.

I haven't tried preordering a game from NewEgg before, but I know if the game's already out, they'll have it in my hands in a few days. Better when they used FedEx.. I'd wait a little longer and save a couple dollars for UPS though.

I can count on Overstock.com to save me a few dollars. A game that normally cost $54.11 after tax may cost $48 or so at overstock. Only it takes them two weeks to snail mail it to me.

i agree with the Steam recommendation, i gave up keeping up with discs a long time ago, especially since Valve added so many other developers' games to Steam

if you want to tell them something to get for you in a box, tell them to get your the orange box set, then you can add games as you want yourself

I'm another Amazon Prime user. The free 2-day shipping is what really makes it work.

GoGamer.com rocks! I've been using them for years and have never had a problem. They now have a few warehouses throughout the US, so the shipping is much quicker than it use to be. The prices are very competitive too.

I've used them many times to grab an Import. I highly recommend using them. I've used NewEgg for games before, but still think GoGamer is better IMO.

Ah so thats why Gogamer has improved thier shipping time. I'm over in Germany and they are down to about 7 days shipping now.

Back