Best overclocking utility for 1900 series

Chris Lakies

Limp Gawd
I'm new to ATI and would like to know what the best overclocking tool would be for the 1900XT crossfire addition.

Is there anything similar to Coolbits 2.0 for Nvidia cards?

I tried overclocking and it resulted in my card overheating regardless of the clock speed lol. I just uninstalled ati tool and left it at stock which really does well. Ati ocing the 1900 is an imperfect science atm and I advise against it.

spaceman said:
I tried overclocking and it resulted in my card overheating regardless of the clock speed lol. I just uninstalled ati tool and left it at stock which really does well. Ati ocing the 1900 is an imperfect science atm and I advise against it.

When you overclock with ATITool you have to disable the process that switches from 2D to 3D mode so once you adjust the voltage and raise the clock speeds to 3D overclocks you are running that speed 24/7 whether your running a 3D application or just sitting on your desktop. Thats why i dont even bother. If i want to overclock i'll just take it to the max i can in CCC Overdrive.

I'm using ATI Tool and its working great =p

whenever i play games I set it to 700/840 1.445 core the rest default and it works great

nope. I can't oc it at all without the heat building up but if I leave it alone it never goes over 72C at load and stays around 42-46 idle. Weird. If it ain't broke...don't poke it.

spaceman said:
nope. I can't oc it at all without the heat building up but if I leave it alone it never goes over 72C at load and stays around 42-46 idle. Weird. If it ain't broke...don't poke it.

turn ur fan up to 100% =p that should fix it ^^

ATI tool and Omega Drivers.

You can set a 2D profile, at say 300/400 with low voltage to keep it nice and cool, and have it automatically change to 3D at regular clocks with higher voltage. Works really great! And you don't have the extra 200MB mem usage that .NET and CCC give you with the cat's :cool:

100% fan didn't work. I tried everything short of taking the card apart again.

Doesn't matter. The card owns at whatever clocks it's at stock with. Maybe if I get borded one day I will mod the case to increase airflow and reapply AC5 to the card.

What is the voltage that you need to set ATI Tool to with a X1900XT to make it simulate 3D mode?

Question # 2

Everytime I start up the 3D window, atrifacts show up outlining the box. After that they never go away and no new Artifacts show up. Is this just the beta's fault?

burningrave101 said:
When you overclock with ATITool you have to disable the process that switches from 2D to 3D mode so once you adjust the voltage and raise the clock speeds to 3D overclocks you are running that speed 24/7 whether your running a 3D application or just sitting on your desktop. Thats why i dont even bother. If i want to overclock i'll just take it to the max i can in CCC Overdrive.

?

I have the stock speed and voltage in the 2d profile
and higher voltage and speeds for 3d profile.
It seems to always switch back and forth properly for me.

Back