Best popup blocker for IE9?

ben805

Limp Gawd
Is there any good popup blocker for the IE 9 equivalent to or better than Firefox's Adblock Plus?

In accordance with [H] rule #23, we won't discuss Ad-blocking.

Having said that, I'm not sure pop-up blocking is ok or not, as you are only blocking the pop-up, and not the ad's on the page you are visiting.

Personally, I'm not touching this. because:
(23) Any discussion of AD BLOCKING software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.

I'm not talking about blocking ads on this site, but I was referring to those popups from javascripts that keep loading up trojan horse and other viruses, I have to constantly reimage my kid's machine because when they went to play online games they often get those nasty popups.

It has absolutely nothing to do with blocking advertisement on this forum so don't take my question out of context!!! :mad::mad:

I....

It has absolutely nothing to do with blocking advertisement on this forum so don't take my question out of context!!! :mad::mad:

It doesn't matter. People have gotten banned over just saying the words.

Don't bother with it.

Your best bet is to learn how to properly secure the PC to stop these types of things from getting in.

It is a very touchy subject. While [H] may do better with choosing their ad partners, many other sites do not use that level of discretion. Hell, I've been hit with malware that came through an ad on a Microsoft website before. I had AV protection though so it was blocked. I went to another computer and kept refreshing the site until that same ad came back up and got hit on that PC too.

Point is, there is a legitimate reason to not want ads coming through but I also understand why some sites do not like it.

Back