Best PSU for lowest HEAT output, maybe silence too?

InCogneato

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for a PSU that outputs the least amount of heat and maybe even one thats very silent too. Any ideas? Maybe something that can handle a single 280GTX if I decide to get one in the future.

Basically, you want high efficiency. Either BFG ES-800, or Enermax Revolution 85+.

The Enermax Revolution series, Seasonic M12D-850, and Antec Signature series PSUs are tops in terms of efficiency. They're pricey, but if you're looking for minimum heat output, then you'll definitely want one of them.

If I had a link, it'd be here, but I think sizing the PSU to your system and its typical power usage needs is going to be important here too. Running at/near the PSU's peak efficiency should mean less heat, and assuming the fans are temp. controlled less noise too.

If I had a link, it'd be here, but I think sizing the PSU to your system and its typical power usage needs is going to be important here too. Running at/near the PSU's peak efficiency should mean less heat, and assuming the fans are temp. controlled less noise too.
That's true. However, certain PSUs, like the ones I mentioned above, will actually have higher efficiency in their non-peak efficiency range compared to many other PSUs with lower efficiency across the board, even in their peak efficiency range. It really depends on the PSU.

Back