Best RAM for Gigabyte GA-G33M

Whichever one costs less. D9s will outlast your chip in terms of speed walls, unless you're running a 7x multi.

Well, that might not be entirely the case with the new 45nm processors, but you still get heat limits... meaning 4.5GHz might not mean anything.

*Belay that. RAMlist says the GeILs have D9GCTs. No idea how good those are. The Ballistix, on the other hand, generally have D9GMH.

The safe bet would most likely be the Ballistix. Their modules work with a wide majority of mobos without problems. Although I dont see why the Geil wouldnt work. Have you checked the cvl list for the mobo in question? I'd do that first and see what it reccomends.

Following is listed on the Gigabyte site:

G33M-DS2R DDR2 800
Memory modules listed below are for reference only. Due to massive memory models on the market, we can only verify some of them.
1GB Crucial BL12864AA804 DS both Single- and Dualchannel
1GB GEIL GX22GB6400DC DS GEIL GL2L64M088BA30CP both Single- and Dualchannel

So I think they will be ok

Following is listed on the Gigabyte site:

G33M-DS2R DDR2 800
Memory modules listed below are for reference only. Due to massive memory models on the market, we can only verify some of them.
1GB Crucial BL12864AA804 DS both Single- and Dualchannel
1GB GEIL GX22GB6400DC DS GEIL GL2L64M088BA30CP both Single- and Dualchannel

So I think they will be ok

If price is a concern just buy whichever is cheapest now I guess. Like you said, either should be okay.

Back