Best set of Nvidia drivers

SuX0rz

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just wondering if upgrading to some of the divers out there is better then staying with the 61.77s. Just curious.

Thats what I'm hearing too and why I haven't switched. Just wondering if I was missing out on a good set.

Xxplosiv said:
greatest set of them all = 65.76

Agreed! I went from 61.77s when i got my 6800 GT 2 or so weeks ago and the little "problems" i had went away too! =)

ive actually had a 4 C drop in temps when i switched to the newer drivers, but that might of been the sept. weather showing its colors...

The newest Omega drivers are better than Nvidia's latest, and don't cause UT2k4 and Farcry to BSOD.

I've been using the 65.76 set for a while now, and they've been a huge improvement over the 61.77s. I haven't tried the 66.32s yet, but from what I understand, the main difference between the 65s and the 66s is that the 66.* drivers have support for the on-chip video encoder / decoder in the 6800-series cards.

I have the new 61.77s verison.
and i have not had any trouble.
but i did not try to over clock with these drivers yet lol.
where do u get the 65.76 verison drivers

thanks for giveing me the link for the drivers are they safe to use??

You can't hurt anything, and you can always switch back to whatever drivers you had.

Just go with the latest drivers out there, beta or not, it doesn't matter.

Xxplosiv said:
greatest set of them all = 65.76

I used to think that too....but I'm really glad I switched to 66.70's. 66.5 fps in doom3 @ 1600x12 2xaa! I can't believe it, plus DV and everything works in game and visually, things just look way better than with any other driver set. The image quality in doom3 is just flipping amazing, and I've played it through 2x already and the levels individually many times just gawking before, i've never been so wowed as just now palying the game.

Great image quality and d3d performance gave me my best 3dmark2005 score.

Try them, you'll like them. :)

DanK said:
I've been using the 65.76 set for a while now, and they've been a huge improvement over the 61.77s. I haven't tried the 66.32s yet, but from what I understand, the main difference between the 65s and the 66s is that the 66.* drivers have support for the on-chip video encoder / decoder in the 6800-series cards.

Will activating the on-chip video features have a significant impact on DVD playback?

Back