Best sounding Intel core name?

Favorite core/core logic name from Intel?

• Klamath

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Coppermine

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Tualatin

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Northwood

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Willamette

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Prescott

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Banias

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dothan

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Canterwood (chipset)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Deerfield (Itanium)

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters

robberbaron

Supreme [H]ardness
There's an identical thread in that other forum, but I think Intel is better at making core names, especailly for their chipsets.

My personal favorite would probably be Cedar Mill. It's not out yet, of course, but it has a nice ring to it.

edit: The Itanium one is now considered "Other; please specify" heh

Deerfield, cause Deerfield Beach, FL is where i surf :D

Canterwood makes me think of the word canter...

This is the oddest poll i've seen here. :D

I always liked the Tualatin name.

I like Dothan.

Banias and Dothan I think are supposed to be based on biblical names.

It really seems like these Intel core names are from the Portland, Oregon area.

For example,

Tualatin, OR is a city in the portland metro area

Willamette River runs through downtown portland

Deschutes River in Central oregon

Cascades Mountains just east of portland

maybe im just going crazy.. were they creared in a portland area plant?

digitalx0 said:
It really seems like these Intel core names are from the Portland, Oregon area.

For example,

Tualatin, OR is a city in the portland metro area

Willamette River runs through downtown portland

Deschutes River in Central oregon

Cascades Mountains just east of portland

maybe im just going crazy.. were they creared in a portland area plant?

No, you're right on. Intel has a big presence in Oregon and a lot of their codenames are derived from places in the state.

Deerfield and Grantsdale are named after places in my home state, Massachusetts - the Deerfield River and the town of Grantsdale.

ive always liked tualatin

if my GT and my dual p3 board would get along, id still be using my dual tualatins... until i can afford an X2 that is

8fingers said:
i dunno, most of the intel cores have such gay names... willamette...???

I was speaking with family from Chicago last week and they pronouce willamette "WILLA-MET". They have it all wrong, its pronounced "WILL-AM-IT".. much better :D

dothan for me but i dont like intels and much as i like AMDs for if i have to choose its dothan.

I think Tejas sounded the best. I think Biblical names would sound really cool. Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea (The seven Churchs in Revelation). I think a core name called Laodicea would sound the best, even though it was the one of the bad Churchs. Or maybe Ur. I think that's where Job is from.

Duke3d87 said:
I think Tejas sounded the best. I think Biblical names would sound really cool. Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea (The seven Churchs in Revelation). I think a core name called Laodicea would sound the best, even though it was the one of the bad Churchs. Or maybe Ur. I think that's where Job is from.

Then just look to Via's (with a few exceptions) CPUs: Joshua Samuel Samuel 2 Ezra / Ezra-T Nehemiah Eden-N Antaur-M 1GigaPro Esther. http://www.cpushack.net/VIA.html

==>Lazn

p0tempkin said:
I like Gallatin.
Well said. I can't believe GALLATIN is not in the poll!!! It's the coolest code-name hands down! :cool: And I agree with you too, Duke3d87. Biblical names would be awesome. :)

robberbaron said:
My personal favorite would probably be Cedar Mill. It's not out yet, of course, but it has a nice ring to it.
But it's not in an option in the poll? :confused:

I also like Alderwood (chipset).

<beavis> You said Wood... huha huha </beavis>

Anything " _____ Mill ", makes me think of an apartment complex. Bunch of apartments in my area called... ______ creeks, and _____ mills.

Coppermine is my favorite... reminds me of goldmine. Which is also a fav bar of mine.

EnderW said:
But it's not in an option in the poll? :confused:

I also like Alderwood (chipset).

I didn't think many would like it much, so I just put the current mainstream stuff and older popular things.

Back