Best STALKER graphics MODs?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
I picked up both Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat on the steam sale and was wondering what the best texture packs and graphic mods there are for these games.

Also, if there are any other highly recommended mods, feel free to mention them also. I'd rather keep the gameplay "as it was intended" but if there are particular mods that enhance the gameplay for better, I'd be interested!

Thanks!

Yip. Complete should do ya as far as graphics go (plus it tightens up some game play issues too).

Now get out of here Stalker.

Is there a mod which makes loot more visible? Having to mouse-over to see stuff that can be found in the environment (cans etc.) is just too annoying to me. I checked moddb but didn't see anything, Google wasn't that helpful either.

Eh, you don't need a mod. holding down f and looking in a general direction will light up all items close by where you are pointing. dead soldiers you need to find on the hud. no help for zombies though, you have to remember where they dropped.

Is there a english patch out for COP? All I keep finding is an RU patch

Is the artist Pavel working on a Pripyat mod? His work on the Clear Sky mod was beyond the beyonds - god, that guy breathed new life into that title.

Is the artist Pavel working on a Pripyat mod? His work on the Clear Sky mod was beyond the beyonds - god, that guy breathed new life into that title.

I would think he'd only need to concentrate on the graphics with Pripyat,it's almost as though the developers saw the additions he made to the gameplay in the first two(the freeplay option,more balanced weapons and combat,ect.) and incorporated them into the game.

There are three mods in development that actually do breathe new life into Clear Sky and i'd highly reccommend them to anyone:
Total Faction War by Smoq2 et al
PreSky by fluffy22
Spartan 11:11 mod by x spartan x

As for the OP's question for CoP i'd check out Cromm Cruac's AtmosFear mod:
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t...ame_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=1235&sec_id=19

If you need to find more mods then check out the Gsc forums for additional helpful advice

Someone please make a forum or pin a thread about this. New threads with requests for mods of this game pop up every week.

As for the OP's question for CoP i'd check out Cromm Cruac's AtmosFear mod:
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t...ame_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=1235&sec_id=19

If you need to find more mods then check out the Gsc forums for additional helpful advice

AtmosFear 2.1 (and the optional texture packs) + S.M.R.T.E.R. is definitely the way to go. Too bad the guys that those modes screws up the folder structure on a lot of his downloads, you have to read the comments for the download on FileFront to fix them.

I picked up Stalker (the orig) with Pripyat during the Steam sale because of this thread. I dled the 2009 Complete mod and I am simply blown away by this game. Can't believe I'd never tried it before.

Now I'm telling everyone I know to grab it....what is Stalker, 4 years old now?

Last edited:
I picked up Stalker (the orig) with Pripyat during the Steam sale because of this thread. I dled the 2009 Complete mod and I am simply blown away by this game. Can't believe I'd never tried it before.

Now I'm telling everyone I know to grab it....what is Stalker, 4 years old now?

Just about. Turns 4 in April, I think.

picked up COP during a steam sale a while ago and i'm just getting around to playing it. installed the Atmosfear 2.1 mod, and while i've only played for about 30 minutes i can tell it's going to suck me in. a few screens:

COP1-1.jpg

COP2-1.jpg

running to cover right before the first blowout began:
COP3-1.jpg

hiding under cover during the blowout:
COP4-1.jpg

COP5-1.jpg

the aftermath:
COP6-1.jpg

Last edited:
check out: http://stalker.filefront.com/ this is the best source for Stalker mods, imo.
i would also like to add that the first Stalker game: Shadow of Chernobyl is by far the best one. It was buggy, lacked some polish and features that Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat have but it had a great story and atmosphere. Even when you finish the game, the world is just a joy to run around in.

I'm still on the prowl for a SoC Complete compatible HUD fix for eyefinity (specifically 6048x1080 or 5760x1080) -- the only one I've found crashes under the latest version SoC in Windows 7 (you cannot start the game). Even if I could just get the radar fixed that would be good enough. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Back