Best Videocard that you ever bought.

Voodoo 3 3000 AGP 16MB... For its Time, It allowed outstanding results.

Also

ATi Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB... Also For its time, Smoked everything out there. Still a good card today. And can run every game at 1280x1024 (Native Res of LCD) Perfect except for Doom 3, which I have no intrest in playing ever.

Well, my dual XFX 6800 Ultra's are awesome but...

I went from integrated graphics my whole life to actually buying an add-in graphics card finally bunch of years ago, the Ti4600. Lasted me a while and I saw such a huge difference in terms of quality in graphics because I had always just gone with integrated graphics.

ti4200.

i went from geforce 2mx400 (with a mind blowing 64megs of RAM) to a ti4200. i was impressed.

X850XT, but before that, the first time I could actually play games and get a decent framerate was when I got my Visiontek Ti 200. I was a happy camper once I got some drivers it liked.

The original Radeon 64mb Vivo or what they later called the Radeon 7000. I upgraded from a 1 mb PCI video card. The Radeon went into my first home built pc.

The difference was .:stunning:. :D

Maybe I should hold off on upgrading for a few years so I can see the same kind of difference.

MSI Geforce2 Ti-Pro 64mb ddr. Went from an Ati Rage 4mb to it a loooong time ago, and it only costed me $31 via ebay. Served me up until last feb when i bought an a64 rig with a 9800 pro(now dead)

probably the 9800Pro 128 meg. Other than that - the original Voodoo 4meg card but I traded someone a motherboard for it so I technically didn't buy it. But man did it make a difference in Testdrive 4 (i think it was 4)

Radeon 9700, no question :)

This card is almost 3 years old, and I can still play every game (except Doom 3, like someone mentioned earlier) at 1024x768 with moderate AA and AF. And it might even last me another 6-12 months. Simply amazing. In my opinion, the 9700 was the biggest single-chip graphics advancement since the Voodoo 1 (although the original GeForce DDR was impressive too).

GeForce1 DDR. Absolutely murdered the TNT2 Ultra and Voodoo3 generation right before it and lasted a good long while.

mine has to be the 9800 pro. I have only had 3 graphics cards in my whole life. One was an onboard intel graphics card on my 166mhz p1, one was a radeon 7200 32mb, and now my 128mb 9800 pro :)

Hrm... Previously my best previously was the GF4 Ti4200. With a little help from heatsinks and such, I had it clocked pretty high up there. I think it was near to 4600 speeds even, perhaps not, but, it was doing quite well for itself. Now though, I'm changing my best to my current card. It doesn't overclock like insane (in fact, atm, I'm afraid to oc as I had serious troubles with the memory for a bit there, though the GPU was fine -- I swear I think I got an Ultra GPU in this card) but, I found I could unlock all the pipelines and oc the GPU a decent amount on lower voltages, and all the way up to 433 if I set the core voltage to 1.3 (though that's when my memory troubles started cropping up, so I'm afraid to now.) Still, when I bought the Ti4200, it was the lowest end of the best range of cards at the time, and, essentially, I've done the same thing again. Only, when I got the 4200, I had to make do with moderate quality settings, now I get to max quality out on everything, even games like Doom 3 (within reason of course, 1024 is the maximum resolution with decen FSAA/AF in Doom 3 at max quality due to the 128MB of ram.) This one has been more ahead of it's time than any card I ever got before, so, IMO, this is the best I ever bought.

Voodoo2. I almost gave my soul for that thing. I remember seeing some TV program where they showed the lighting under a missle in Quake2 POWERED by 3dfx! I was so happy that my parents bought me that thing.

9600pro.

was an upgrade from a GF2MX when the 9800 pro's were 450 bucks, the 9700's were on ebay, and i couldnt find a retail 9500 anywhere. GREAT card for the money.

My 6800GT , it is a good card, great performance, good price, a bargain. very happy user :)

I'd have to say it's a tie. 9800 Pro and 6800 GT.

9800 Pro for the sheer power, it was able to run through farcry, hl2, etc....heck, it's still going strong, especially if u have a zalman cooler on it.

6800 GT for the price and performance. The 9800 ran everything fine at certain resolutions, but with the 6800 gt i've been able to do 1280x1024 4xaa 16xaf. :eek: Aside from riddick, nothing else has brought this card to its knees. Add in the sm3.0 support ( even tho it's pretty obvious sm3.0 on the nv40 is about as powerful as ps2.0 on the fx series ) Just a great overall card.

Another vote for the VooDoo3. No card gave me less hassle but spit out better performance for the buck. It was also my longest lasting video card ever going through 5 computers before being retired on my wall in my computer room where it sits to this day next to my VooDoo5 and Diamond Viper V550.

I would say the best would be my 6800GT's in SLI. But my absolute favorite was my Matrox Millennium G200/Canopus Pure3D II combo setup. I really loved my Voodoo2.

Voodoo2. This is what started it all for me. Every graphics card I purchsed afterwards was based on the desire to be on the cutting edge. My 6800GT SLI setup would only come close if it actually worked in widescreen. :rolleyes:

Best video card i ever bought was the GeForce3 off ebay replacing my GeForce2 MX...lol it was advertised as selling as Ti500 but i thought it rocked anyways :) overclocked pretty damn good too.

For me it was the Quantum3D Obsidian X-24. I got it for the sole purpose of 3D gaming and it delivered. It lasted for a long time and never dissappointed me. If there were current drivers out for it today I'd probably still be using it. The other reason why I got it was because the AIW 128 it was coupled with had very dissappointing 3D, which is another story...

Although 2nd place is seeming to be my ATI 8500DV, that played everything I wanted to play and it got me into digital video production.

The first "high-end" card I ever got was a 9800Pro from Tyan with a huge blue heatsink and thermal monitoring before it was standard on the 9800XT's. Didn't know games would look like that at that high of resolutions :). It still works fine...it's just in my brother's computer now. I had a GeForceTi4200 from ASUS, but the fan died on me after about a week, so I got a ThermalTake copper replacement, and that was nice, but it died on me too. Good card...bad luck with it.

I have a 6800GT and 6800nu, and the 6800nu @ $199 (BF CompUSA sale) unlocked @ 380/800 gives my GT a run for its money at half the price.

So the 6800nu (unlocked) is probably the best videocard I ever bought. (price/performance)

runner up: GF4 ti4600, its now in my little brother's PC, but it still kicking most new games butts years later.

I've had 'em all since the monster II. My fav vid card was my ti4200 till last week. Got 3+ years outta that baby. Then I got bfg6800gt. Gonna keep the ti though. Make a nice memorial out of it. :D

My 2x 12 meg Voodoo 2s SLI or my Voodoo 1. Not sure on this one. prob both.

When I added the 2nd voodoo 2 it was just amazing. However when I 1st added the voodoo 1 and played quake this was just totaly different then anythign else I had ever seen.

6800 go ultra, had a laptop with a radion mobility 16mb(m6)
was a real fun playing css@1920x1200 at over 100fps.
what was the real shocker was hoping back on the desktop(9800pro256)
and saying (dam this thing is slow) lol

siegecraft4 said:
The original Radeon 64mb Vivo or what they later called the Radeon 7000. I upgraded from a 1 mb PCI video card. The Radeon went into my first home built pc.

The difference was .:stunning:. :D

Maybe I should hold off on upgrading for a few years so I can see the same kind of difference.
that was an awsome card, mine kept me happy until i got the 9800pro,
plus its still going in a second box.

Hmm tough call between:
GF3Ti200 (Asus V8200)
TNT2 (Elsa Erazer 3)

Both of these cards were pushed further than they really should have been and both of them made up for slightly underpowered CPUs in their early days.

I'm leaning towards the TNT2 simply because it allowed me to see the back of my Apocalypse 3Dx, but completing Doom 3 with a GF3 (overclocked to the limit!) was almost moving!

Dead heat. Currently with a 6800LE, and for the money it's a beauty (and has always been paired with a meaty cpu).

The best card that i have is my BFG 6800 OC. Amazing card!
But the one card that gave me the most satisfaction is definately my Gainward Ti4200 Golden Sample. That card just fucking rocks!
My 6800 died a couple weeks ago and i was forced to put the 4200 in the rig. I was thrilled to see that it can still keep up with CS:S and WoW.
Also have a 9600XT that i got the day they arrived in my city. Still love that card!

I always by slightly less than top of the line. Its done me good so far. I spend half the money and they still last me a long time.

The only other 3D card that i have owned was an Elsa Gladiac Geforce 2MX. That was a stellar card for the time as well.

GeForce 2 MX 400

That thing has lasted forever and it is still ticking!

Send place goes to my GF4 Ti4200 - great card - but the fan broke after 3 yrs and I RMA's it under BFG's lifetime warranty...they sent me a beautiful new GF FX 5900 XT-OC for free!

I love that

BTW - the only ATI I have ever owned is in my laptop. It's pretty good, but Im a die-hard NVIDIA fan.

Albatross Ti4200p Turbo

Correct me and Die!!!

Came with 4600PCB, fast (3.3ns ram) did 4600 speeds with ease and had FANTASTIC cooling to boot. Still in my server!

Voodoo 5 5500

Got it when it was new, got a blissfull year of use out of it, then nVidia crushed my party... But it was a great year anyway. Last top of the line card I owned. (Damn having to pay for school...)

i think the card i have now is the best i ever buy:)
ATI RADEON 9800XT POWERCOLOR

Mine was my old P166 with an (original) Matrox Millenium 8MB + Monster 3D Voodoo 4MB, with an PCI ATI Mach64 running a second monitor. However, I sure miss my old VLB Cirrus Logic 1MB board, getting my 486 into the world of SVGA.

OK kids, how many of you remember the Tseng Labs ET4000? Darn good (probably best) DOS card. A full 512 KB of memory. Actually mine was on a 50 MHz 32 bit bus so it had higher data transfer rate than PCI. It actually ran games faster than the first Windows accelerated cards. Of course, this was back in 1992.

Also, props for the Voodoo 1 (O/Ced nicely by 20%), Riva 128 (I still use it in my server box!), and my Elsa GeForce3 which overclocked really well and would still be in use except the movers stole it :mad: The current 9600 isn't too shabby, it does everything I need quite well.

Back