Best warraty/customer service - XFX or EVGA?

Devil24

2[H]4U
Thinking about getting a new 780i motherboard and it'll come from one of these two companies.

Any recommendations? comments? experiences with customer service / RMA'ing a defective product?

What makes you choose the 780i over the 750i? The EVGA 750i FTW board is probably the best or at least least troublesome Intel SLI board around at the moment. Granted, the 4 SATA port limit is unfortunate, but you can always get a controller card.

Agreed, though -- they're about the same.

What makes you choose the 780i over the 750i? The EVGA 750i FTW board is probably the best or at least least troublesome Intel SLI board around at the moment. Granted, the 4 SATA port limit is unfortunate, but you can always get a controller card.

Agreed, though -- they're about the same.

Hmmm, you make a good point... I guess I have to do a little more research before I make my purchase.

I don't care much about the whole 4-SATA ports since I own an 8-SATA port SuperMicro PCI-X card that's great and fully compatible with Vista (x86/x64).

is the 780i really proving that much trouble to everyone ? Is it overclocking issues or just plain eating up hardware ? I haven't owned any XFX, but have had great luck w/ EVGA. Can't beat the step up program ! Not sure if xfx provides that to any channel partners.

If your outwith the USA then dont go XFX as they have a shitty 1-2 year warranty compared with 10 year with EVGA, the states gets the Double Lifetime warranty from XFX and Europe gets a total pish 1 year and 2 if your lucky.

Due to that, I will be buying EVGA instead of XFX in the future even though I have had 0 problems with XFX, but hardware nowadays is too expensive to only get a 1 year warranty especially when the same company hands out double lifetime warranty for the states.

Back