Best way to hide the client

mac_cnc

2[H]4U
I use command line clients for F@H and want to be able to hide them in the tray. If I can pull it off I've got a nice good dual quad I could use.

One ghetto way you could do it is: If you have a Nvidia card/chipset... you can download the whatever driver set and run the whole "4 desktops" or whatever. Setup the clients in one desktop environment, then switch to the next and just pretend its not there.

The only thing different looking would be in your system tray: An icon to switch between the desktops you got runnin.

Yep... running it as a service hides it pretty well... the only clues are processor usage in Task Manager, and it does show as running in Services....

I use that method to keep my nosy kids from poking around with it on their machine. Works well for me.

I could run it as a service. The reason for hiding is that though I am the Net Admin here if the server it will be on crashed for any reason my boss would immediatly point the finger at FaH being the cause......lets just say she doesnt really understand computers all that well.

Oh and I know its probably linked somewhere but how does one run it as a service.... ?

Technically.. (you'd get this over on the official forums anyway)

According to the -license, you are supposed to ask permission before running these clients on systems, especially corporate ones, you do not own. People have been fired over this before.

:p

Well we will cross that bridge when we get there. Guess you just have to know our dynamic around here. I plan to not allow a ton of cpu power but I want to be able to use a small portion because we dont use even 1/10 of its power. Thanks for the guide.

/slaps forehead

No good can come of this...

Back