Best wide LCD for Xbox 360? (very confused!)

moonlitmatt said:
So in your opinion, how close do the Monster VGA cables bring the color to what it is over Component?

Could you write some more detailed impressions of the Monster cables?
Ya, any more insight you could provide would be very helpful, appreciate the effort so far Gmeister (and everone else!).

Does anybody else here think that the vga ouput on the 360 needs a little more work? I mean the original xbox already had component output that worked fine, the new 360 ought to have something better than component imho, and by design VGA is supposed to be better than component since the signals are more seperated. Well MS included VGA on the 360 but the results don't seem uniform at all. I'd like to avoid using component output since using it increases the chance of seperate video processors tampering with the image (whereas VGA INPUTS *often* bypass any video processors present inside a television or projector). In other words i want the xbox360 to pump out the IQ, not my TV or projector ;).

DVI/HDMI > VGA/Scart/BNC > Component > Svideo > RCA > Coax

I wonder why MS didn't use DVI-I, we could have had our cake and eat it too that way. It would have provided digital output, and we would have been able to use an adapter to make it VGA.

end mild MS rant ;)/

sanitystream said:
Except there's a whole thread on this forum about how the 2405 doesn't do true HD and downscales the component 720p to 480p. That's not going to work for me, not for that kind of money.

You want a monitor, too, right.
Go to somebody's house and look at one before you downplay my suggestion.
So youd rather read what some guy has to say and take it for gospel, rather than look at the real picture????
You can come over to my house and take a look if you'd like. :D :D :eek:

sanitystream said:
Except there's a whole thread on this forum about how the 2405 doesn't do true HD and downscales the component 720p to 480p. That's not going to work for me, not for that kind of money.

yep.. and once again.. to let everyone know... the whole "2405 doesn't do HD" has been disproven. The xbox360 that was the issue.. not the 2405.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1971&start=150

http://users.aber.ac.uk/abw3/Images/360/comparison.htm

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=978147&page=6

I posted this in another thread, and I'm starting to think that the VGA cable is great. The 360 is great. The 2405fpw is great. It's just the game developers not including display options that is the problem.

Rare games, Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo, have an option to change "display type". This adjusts the brightness in order to suit a typical monitor of a certain type.

With the VGA cable and the display type set to LCD, the 2405fpw looks fantastic! Better than component, IMO.

Hopefully more games have this awesome feature. I wrote MS and RARE to thank them, and you should as well.

Bad news. My girlfriend is holding my Xbox360 hostage because I missed a party for her mother's birthday.

So until I make it up to her, I won't be able to test the different cables on the ViewSonic 19" WS monitor.

If it is anything like the past, then I won't be able to test them until Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. :(

Tiny said:
Bad news. My girlfriend is holding my Xbox360 hostage because I missed a party for her mother's birthday.

So until I make it up to her, I won't be able to test the different cables on the ViewSonic 19" WS monitor.

If it is anything like the past, then I won't be able to test them until Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. :(

Hahahahahaaa. That was hilarious.

Back