BestBuy and their trustability

Vagrant Zero said:
Let the record show that I fucking hate California. Tax was 42 bucks. :mad:

Yeah california sucks, I can't wait until you guys get sunk into the ocean.

LOL just j/k

Anyhow, I'm intrigued about this BFG 6800 because right now the only new generation cards that I have seen are at least $400. And you say you guys are getting BFG 6800's for close to around $300 ? ( US dollars of course.) I"m VERY Interested in these nvidia cards now.

I know that the new generation nvidia cards are very lacking as far as it goes for engineering quality ( they do seem like they could get really hot ^_^ )

How you pick out a card is like this ( pretty easy math ).

performance of (a)/price = performance(b) /price

I think that most people were taught how to do propotions in at least middle school. But some people forget that paying $60 more for a video card can be way to much just for 60fps vs 50 fps even though the 60fps card might technically be "Better".

but at what cost ?

Are these cards ready to ship today?
(Meaning that BesBuy will email me at some point TODAY with a tracking number)? I have been jerked around by them starting on the 17th saying that they would have it on the 21st. Got an email later saying it was canceled and that the date was pushed back until the 28th. This really is getting annoying.

sherkelman said:
Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Well, I kinda irked here. I pre-ordered a BFG 6800 Ultra OC from best buy on the 16th.
Now, here it is the 28th, and instead of seeing my card in the mail, what do I see???

BACKORDERED!!!

Whats the Dealio?

IceWind said:
Best Buy = There is no trust.

Hell, every time I go into a local Best Buy store, I have to practically beat the employees off with a stick, they're so eager to be helpful. I don't know if they're on commission or BB just really pushes customer service hard, but damn they're persistent. I guess I shouldn’t complain, some stores you go into you practically have to jump and down to get someone’s attention.

LazerWire said:
Well, I kinda irked here. I pre-ordered a BFG 6800 Ultra OC from best buy on the 16th.
Now, here it is the 28th, and instead of seeing my card in the mail, what do I see???

BACKORDERED!!!

Whats the Dealio?

I ordered mine on 6/14 and as of last night it said release date 6/28. Now it says backordered. Hopefully that just happens automatically because it is now 6/28. We'll see.....

LazerWire said:

BACKORDERED!!!

Whats the Dealio?

The BFG 6800 GT OC shipped from BFG to Best Buy's Internet distribution center last Friday. All pre-orders to our knowledge were filled. I would assume that their Internet DC should get the product today/tomorrow and ship to all who pre-ordered as soon as possible.

The BFG 6800 Ultra OC will be shipping from BFG everyday this week to Best Buy's Internet DC, pre-orders should be fulfilled throughout the week depending upon where you are at in line from the first person who pre-ordered at Best Buy.

Hope this helps and thank you for your support,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Well I hope that BB gets them out to us quick now that BFG has done their part. Got next day on mine and I want it tomorrow :D

Go BFG dude!

Glad we're seein these puppies getting out and about. Maybe now we can answer the question that has been asked way too many times in the last few weeks - 6800 or X800!?!?!?

Cr@zy Chuckster said:
Well I hope that BB gets them out to us quick now that BFG has done their part. Got next day on mine and I want it tomorrow :D

If you ordered the Ultra is seems like BB won't have them today to ship to us as the above post said they are just shipping to BB from BFG starting today.

sherkelman said:
The BFG 6800 GT OC shipped from BFG to Best Buy's Internet distribution center last Friday. All pre-orders to our knowledge were filled. I would assume that their Internet DC should get the product today/tomorrow and ship to all who pre-ordered as soon as possible.

The BFG 6800 Ultra OC will be shipping from BFG everyday this week to Best Buy's Internet DC, pre-orders should be fulfilled throughout the week depending upon where you are at in line from the first person who pre-ordered at Best Buy.

Hope this helps and thank you for your support,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker
So they will not have any Ultras to ship out today?

Scott

sherkelman,

I'm running into the same problem at gameve.com. I pre-ordered a 6800 Ultra OC and I cant wait to get it just to check their site today and see this: "This item will be released on 7/26/2004"

I hope it's a typo on the site, please tell me that these are getting shipped. There's no way I'm waiting another month for this great card. I'll go to bestbuy than wait that long.

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-BFG-006

The status of my Best Buy BFG 6800 Ultra preorder just changed to "Status: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 07/06/04."

Scott

i've ordered a few things from them, their shipping is expensive and slow as hell. newegg is like a day and bb is like a week and a half. for a billion dollar company they sure act like a mom and pops store.

Heh, it took them a week to "check out" my old Klipsch Promedia 5.1's only to tell me that since they can't get replacement parts for them anymore, there's nothing they can do except give me the new Ultras...

I can't say that I minded that much.

sonyman said:
The status of my Best Buy BFG 6800 Ultra preorder just changed to "Status: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 07/06/04."

Scott

Same here. :(

Although I did get a nice little email saying it wont ship until the 6th.

Unfvckingbelievable! By the time these cards come out there will be a new version of them ready! This is getting to be stupid!

My 6800 GT's status has changed from "Pre-ordered" to "In Process" at bestbuy.com. No confirmation email or tracking number yet, makes me think they've received the GTs from BFG but haven't started sending them out yet.

Flatland said:
My 6800 GT's status has changed from "Pre-ordered" to "In Process" at bestbuy.com. No confirmation email or tracking number yet, makes me think they've received the GTs from BFG but haven't started sending them out yet.
Negitive..

I had a preorder on the 20th, and from the start, it said in process..

And this point, i cant tell you more, since i cancled it, and got the $350 ultra from CompUSA.. ;)

best buy sucks. they do have some good prices sometimes. but i dont ever buy anything expensive that could possibly need to be returned. only maybe a game or something once in a while. ive never been impressed with there customer service. however im sure that varies from store to store. ive never ordered anything online from them. i dont trust em.

That has been the status of my order ever since the second day I placed it. The first day it said it would be shipping the 21st and then it switched to this load of crap. This is an outrage. Can someone at least tell me where in the hell I can get a BFG Ultra from NOW instead of whenever the hell BestBuy feels like it?

I really am starting to regret not buying this card from PNY.com. I would have had it by now. :mad:

I just got an email from best buy saying the new release date is 7/6 for my ultra. I ordered on 6/14 which was the first day you could preorder so i don't understand that if what Scott from BFG said is correct then they will have the cards tomorrow or wednesday since BFG shipped to BB today... why they would wait a week to release them?

Scott can you shed some more light on this...

just wanted to tell u they did the same thing with ut2004 granted its software not hardware they kept delaying then just dropped all the orders they couldn't fulfill, good company huh.

thing is the BFG PR guy said they had ALL the orders covered, and they shipped them to BB already, why would it be delayed if that was in fact the case

nippyjun said:
i don't understand that if what Scott from BFG said is correct then they will have the cards tomorrow or wednesday since BFG shipped to BB today

Word on the street is that the real release date for the BGF ultra cards is 7/26/2004. My guess is that Scott is just telling people what they want to hear or placing the blame away from BFG and unto BestBuy itself.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

nippyjun said:
I just got an email from best buy saying the new release date is 7/6 for my ultra. I ordered on 6/14 which was the first day you could preorder so i don't understand that if what Scott from BFG said is correct then they will have the cards tomorrow or wednesday since BFG shipped to BB today... why they would wait a week to release them?

Scott can you shed some more light on this...

As posted before earlier in this thread:

As of today BFG has Best Buy's pre-orders covered. We are working closely with Best Buy to make sure that anyone who has pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC has the product on the way to them between June 28th and July 5th (potentially earlier ).

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Some pre-orders have already been delivered, others are being fulfilled this week and next by Best Buy as I understand it. Best Buy's statement of shipping between June 28th and July 5th is still on track from what I know. The more information we get I'll pass along as we are in daily contact with Best Buy.

Thank you for your patience,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

rene mauricio said:
Word on the street is that the real release date for the BGF ultra cards is 7/26/2004. My guess is that Scott is just telling people what they want to hear or placing the blame away from BFG and unto BestBuy itself.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ouch! *sniff* If you'd like you can come to our facility and check out our production, the address is:

BFG Tech
86 Albrecht Drive
Lake Bluff, IL 60044

:(

Now now now!!!

Don't worry, we all appreciate the fact that you try your best to keep us up to date on these things, even though you don't have to. And we know none of it is your fault (unless it is! :eek: ), so don't mind the people yellin cuz they will miss a week of gaming.

sherkelman said:
Ouch! *sniff* If you'd like you can come to our facility and check out our production

:pets the BFG rep and hands him some Ice cream: :D
I meant BestBuy's ETA is the 27th of next month. I could care less when BFG shipped it out because it does not do me, you or anyone else any good if they are being held over for lock down.

So we'll get our 6800Us a few days late. Whopdee freakin' do. I'll live. Hell I might even goto The Outside and interact with those People-Things everyone keeps talking about....nah.

my BFG FX5700 Ultra died on me so i took it back to Best Buy but since they didnt have
another card in stock, i upgraded to a 5900xt for a few bucks more.
i was pretty happy with Best Buy and BFG's warranty!

Well I just canceled my preordered BFG 6800 GT at BB.
Have order in at Fry’s/outpost even saved on tax.
BB dropped the ball on this one.

sherkelman said:
As posted before earlier in this thread:

As of today BFG has Best Buy's pre-orders covered. We are working closely with Best Buy to make sure that anyone who has pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC has the product on the way to them between June 28th and July 5th (potentially earlier ).

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Some pre-orders have already been delivered, others are being fulfilled this week and next by Best Buy as I understand it. Best Buy's statement of shipping between June 28th and July 5th is still on track from what I know. The more information we get I'll pass along as we are in daily contact with Best Buy.

Thank you for your patience,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Scott,

Ask them if they are actually shipping them out as they get them, or holding them all until a certain date?

According to Scott they are getting them soon as BFG is shipping to BB today. So why a release date over a week away?

$10.00 says he isnt.

Also, you are not the only ones having these problems. Notice how NO ONE who paid via BB has one. Kind of odd that Scott would say "Some pre-orders have already been delivered"

Back