BestBuy and their trustability

Got this in my email concerning my GT (pre)order from BB, which was placed on the morning the $299 price was up:
Item Information
July 01, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxx:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you in the next 13 days.(bolded and underlined for emphasis)

If you wish to cancel this order or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

What a nice way to whiz on my week :( I wished I had time to call them today and yell at them, but I have to go out of state today. Grr!

ir0nw0lf said:
Got this in my email concerning my GT (pre)order from BB, which was placed on the morning the $299 price was up:

What a nice way to whiz on my week :( I wished I had time to call them today and yell at them, but I have to go out of state today. Grr!

There just jerking you off. You could have ordered it here http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=pricewatch.com&id=1002558 yesterday for 399.00 but now those people are being complete assholes and raised the price of the GT to 499.00 because they actually have some in stock.

I called BB yesterday and the CS rep claimed a 7/1-7/3 shipping window even though I got the 7/6 email. Who knows.... :confused:

ir0nw0lf said:

BTW they just said 13 days because that is within 30 days of your order date, probably just another computer thing. I haven't gotten that email tho (yet) and I ordered the GT at 3:30am on 6/14.

I called bestbuy.com cust service about my order(6800gt 6/22) and she didn't have any idea when they would ship. The only reason I called was because the status of my order changed from "release date 7/1" to "on backorder". I canceled my order. Hopefully, we'll have then at Fry's this weekend.

I have a GT on preorder, but I am trying to find an Ultra locally through the CompUSA thing. If I find one, great, if not, then I will probally end up canceling my BBY order and getting an eVGA card. No sense in waiting around forever while they decide to ship a week or two late.

-Dave

my evga arrives today
i canceled my gateway and bb orders and made one with evga 2 days ago!

i still wish and hope and beg that bfgtech would sell their own cards,

I got an email this morning stating a release date of 7/2, bumped up from my 7/6 date. I am soooo hoping it ships today! With overnight shipping, I really want it for the weekend!

Pre-Order Update
July 01, 2004
Order Number: XXXXXXXX

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 07/02/2004. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this or any of your BestBuy.com orders by signing into Your Account.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.

Order Date: 06/20/2004
Order Number: XXXXXXX

1 BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U

:D

Item Information
July 01, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-XXXX

Dear XXXX:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you in the next 13 days.

If you wish to cancel this order or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 06/14/2004
Order Number: BBY01-XXXX

Qty Product Description
1 BFG-GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256G

You would think they could narrow it down a little more than 2 weeks. Since they actually have the cards in their warehouse according to bfg. Maybe they are just hoping all of us will cancel our orders. If somebody finds a bfg 6800gt oc instock at a local best buy before mine even ships i'm going to be pissed.

Pre-Order Update
July 01, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Joseph:

Get more information on this or any of your BestBuy.com orders by signing into Your Account.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 06/16/2004
Order Number: BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Qty 1
Product Description: BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-

Hoping it ships today, though, my luck, it will ship tomorrow and waist my next day air charge.

just got the following email as well

Pre-Order Update
July 01, 2004
Order Number: XXXXXXXX

Thank You.

Order Date: 06/20/2004
Order Number: XXXXXXX

1 BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U

Well I still have not recieved any emails from BB! I even wrote to customer care 2 days ago and requested to be emailed on progress,and my CC confirmation email.Still nothing.I checked my BB account and indeed its shipping 07/02/04 so i am somewhat content,but I was about to call BB and choke someone over the phone.

Ok even if it does ship on the 2nd,none of us are going to get it untill the 6th,or later depending on what shipping method.Personally i dont know whats worse,thinking its being shipped on the 6th,and knowing im going to recieve it on the 7th,or knowing its being shipped on the 2nd,and having to wait till the 6th to recieve when i payed the extra $ for overnight.Either way im glad its shipping out tommorow instead of the talk of the 07/26/04 like gameVE

I've got the 02 email as well. Shit...that's earlier than I anticipated...my PC my still be in pieces by the time the 6800U gets here.

the brown santa clause just dropped my gt off!

first impressions

freaking ass longer then my 9800 pro, on my k8nplat, it even rests on 2 differnt resistors
freaking ass loud! always sounds like your reading from the cd drive! no joking

so in summation

nvidia has gotten even better since my ti4400 at making longer and louder cards!

now its time to hook it up to the water

joobjoob said:
the brown santa clause just dropped my gt off!

first impressions

freaking ass longer then my 9800 pro, on my k8nplat, it even rests on 2 differnt resistors
freaking ass loud! always sounds like your reading from the cd drive! no joking

so in summation

nvidia has gotten even better since my ti4400 at making longer and louder cards!

now its time to hook it up to the water

Noise! :eek:

Now I remember what the deciding factor was in choosing the x800 over the 6800.

Seems to me that people are getting their panties in a wad over a small deal. Haven't you EVER had anything back-ordered before? Even though the BFG Rep says they shipped out, that doesn't mean instantaneous arrival at BB. They probably take 2-3 days to arrive, 1 to be processed and allocated, then 2-3 more to ship to their respective stores/pre-ordered customers. That all adds up to a week or so between shipping from the factory to the customer. If they shipped off this week (like 28th-1st or 2nd) then they will arrive at Best Buy and get shipped out before the 7/6 Backorder fulfillment. It's possible that they will be pushed back even futher, but you must realize that everyone else isn't newegg.com. They don't all process and ship fast.

I'm sure BFG did everything in their power to ensure they shipped by the promised date from BFG, and it appears they did. Probably the only reason that they are back-ordered until the 6th is that 3 & 4 are weekends, and the 5th is a holiday. Maybe if I had a 6800 Ultra OC on back-order, I would be a little more antsy myself. :p

On a side note, I hope you are all happy with your GT / Ultras. I wish I had waited and saved my money. I bought a 9800 Pro about 3 weeks ago, and now I wish I had saved that 250 dollars and waited for it to "multiply" so I could get a 6800. I had a BFG Asylum FX 5200 (I know, I know, THE DEVIL GPU!!!) and I loved it. 256 MB of Ram, and it was a good overclocker, even though it already came overclocked. I was able to get it up to about FX 5700 Speeds with no difficulty. BFG's Warranty and Tech Support are second to none, and maybe one day in the near future I'll join the ranks of BFG 6800 Ultra users ;) . I'll have to "cast off" my 9800 Pro to my old rig.

EDIT: IRT last poster, just get a VGA Silencer and stick it on there. I love mine on the 9800 Pro. I can get my speeds up to 441 Core and 388.8 x 2 on the Memory with no artifacts and 24/7 stability. I'm going to find an XT bios somewhere.

Apology for Off-Topicness, but who make the best XT bios? Sapphire (my card's manufacturer), ATI, or someone else? And can I please get a link? Thanks!

ive got it watercooled now and its sitting a smooth 37c (not bad for the summer) but seriously if you are planning on air cooling it would totally be worth upgrading to some other method,

but dont forget nvidia changed the cooling frame again so anything on a 5900 or 9800 wont work on these 6800.

other then great game peformance even the gt gives you a bonus high pitched whiney noise you can literally hear in a 25 feet away in a different room... im totally not joking about that its louder then i ever would have imagined.

i keep hearing this is quiter then the 5800 if so then we should all have mercy on those poor people!

anyhow im just letting the arctic silver set in a little but ill start overclocking soon.

I heard that the GPU heatsink mounting system was different from the 5xxx series and the 9x00 series to the 6800 series, but I thought arctic cooling was coming out with a different Revision of the VGA silencer to fit the X800/6800 PCBs. Correct me if I'm wrong? I got a Rev. 3 from coolerguys.com on sale for 13 bucks to go on my Pro. :D

the x800 stays the same socket but the 6800 upped to a new 4 bolt system

adn they are spaced differntly then the 5900 so dont try to think you can just use 2

Oh. I knew the bolt system changed on the 6800, and I thought they were changed on the X800 PCB's. It would not be smart to use just 2 bolts, because then you don't get uniform pressure down on the heatsink, and could make the card warp a little bit and pull away from the heatsink. BAD for temps. I'm sure that someone will come out with a custom card cooler soon.

joobjoob said:
ive got it watercooled now and its sitting a smooth 37c (not bad for the summer) but seriously if you are planning on air cooling it would totally be worth upgrading to some other method,

but dont forget nvidia changed the cooling frame again so anything on a 5900 or 9800 wont work on these 6800.

other then great game peformance even the gt gives you a bonus high pitched whiney noise you can literally hear in a 25 feet away in a different room... im totally not joking about that its louder then i ever would have imagined.

i keep hearing this is quiter then the 5800 if so then we should all have mercy on those poor people!

anyhow im just letting the arctic silver set in a little but ill start overclocking soon.

It definately is quieter than the 5800 was, and it is quieter than the stock cooling on my 5900 is too. I put on a Zalman heatpipe first chance I got on my 5900, same thing will be going on the BFG, actually theres a new twin heatpipe version that it will be getting :D.

anybody got any info on the bestbuy gt preorders,

since the were supposedly shipped to bestbuy last friday we should have had them shipped by now. :confused:

Went from "Status: Pre-order release date is 07/02/2004" to "Status: 1 item(s) backordered."

Arrgghhh!

6800 Ultra
Order Date 6/20

:mad:

randsom said:
anybody got any info on the bestbuy gt preorders,

since the were supposedly shipped to bestbuy last friday we should have had them shipped by now. :confused:

My GT was just changed to status: backorder :/ eta 7/7

Mine just went to backordered as well =/. Bet they are stalling to try and get some of the $299 pre orders cancelled. Only reason Im buying it from BB is cause im using the Card from there for the no interest for 6 months =P.

I canceled my order for the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, after being backordered twice, once to the 28/29, then to the 7th of this month, after ordering it the DAY it was posted on their site. I'm just gonna sit it out until it's retail. Personally, I'm tired of checking my email and getting nothing but let down.

crunchyjedi said:
Went from "Status: Pre-order release date is 07/02/2004" to "Status: 1 item(s) backordered."

Same here :mad:
BFG and BestBuy are pissing me off something royal! Looks like the ETA of 07/26/04 is becoming more of a reality every day.

people with the gts preordered are getting the back order emails, mine still says "preorder release date 7/6", and i didnt get the email

WTF is going on, i find this hard to believe since B.F.G says theyve shipped all the gt preorders.

I dont think im buying that story now(actually i didnt after the order got changed from 7/1 to 7/6)I coulld have already have had another card, but i didnt cancel on all the shipping info posted in this thread by that bfg guy. I am fairly pissed about this whole thing

must....resist...urge....to....shout....about.....priorities....ack!

For those interested
BB Online order of the BFG 6800 Ultra OC (Order date 6-16)
is now showing IN STOCK and will ship 1-2 days.

I'd also like to point out that the E-Mail I recieved overnight reading - Backorder - is an automated response that was sent out at midnight. These automated Backorder e-mails are sent on all items listed as (Expected Release Date) that are not fulfilled by the day listed.

My GT was just changed to status: backorder :/ eta 7/7

Mine still says 7/6 and I was one of the $299 buyers. If you ordered a GT, please post on its status, I'm currious if BB is pushing everyone's back or just some poeple's.

I got the backordered email as well, plus it shows the same thing when I log on to Bestbuy.com.

I am tired of this crap. It's a friggin video card. Not like I'm asking someone to split an atom or anything....

BB's site still says sold out on the Ultras. Guess I'm still stuck with GameVe's release of 7/26 :(

I'm in on the $299 GT deal an I ordered on the 14th. I got the 7/7 backorder email, but my account still shows pre-order for 7/6 shipping. I'm as sick of the run around as anyone else, but honestly I can wait. The next big game release is early August for Doom 3 and no LANS for me till then as well. I just know I wouldn't feel good about spending $400+ for a card I can get for $100 cheaper by waiting(hopefully).

Just got off the phone, cause i have 3 holds on my credit card and had to get them removed. Cust ser rep goes on to tell me that BFG has not confirmed their order to best buy, and that they werent even shipped to the dc shipment center yet. He said it could be a few more weeks.

6800 GT current status 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 07/06/04

I ordered 6/14, the 299 deal

Back