Beware of Geeks.com

ordovician

2[H]4U
I ordered a Powercolor 5850 from them last week, brand new. It arrived today, a full week later, in an envelope.

Yes, an envelope.

Let me rephrase that: The retail box was in a sealed paper bag. :eek: If you've seen el-cheapo retail video card packaging recently, you know that the cards are basically just shoved in there with some cardboard to keep them from jostling around. There is NO padding at all, and the back of the card is often essentially in contact with the back of the box = back of the envelope = every damned thing it gets thrown against in shipping.

Needless to say, this thing is DOA. Dead. Kaputt as can be. Geeks takes a 15% restocking fee, does not refund shipping, and only gives store credit. So, for a $156 purchase whch they effed up, I get ~$115 back in store credit. :rolleyes: Screw that.

My only hope is the Powercolor warranty (LOL), or the oven trick. Waiting on Powercoror now...

Geeks.com doesn't charge a restocking fee if you receive an item damaged.

Well, good to know. I suppose I could try to send it back, but I'm going to wait for Powercolor to see if they can replace it. Geeks is OOS. I need this for mining.

I bought a cheap psu from them, doa, and they sent me a new one for free without asking me to return the doa one. That's pretty good cs in my book :D

I've bough from geeks in the past with no issue, you should always call when thing like this happen and give them a chance to make it right, however shipping in an envelope is downright crazy.

yea dont just RMA it, call them and tell them what happened. I'm sure they will waive restock at the least.

if you go through a normal RMA without telling them about it you will get hit with restock, shipping, etc

Back