Beyond the Red Line Demo Released!!

TexasAg05

[H]ard|Gawd
We at Beyond the Red Line are pleased to announce the release of the Beyond the Red Line Demo!!

SPOILER WARNING: The following announcement and the game itself contain spoilers for Battlestar Galactica Season 2. If you have not seen the series as far as the the episode "Scar", you might want to avoid playing for the time being.

Visit the release thread Here:

Beyond the Red Line Demo Release

We thought we were saved. A week after the Nuclear Holocaust our rag-tag fleet of civilian ships, led by the captain of the Scylla, wandered aimlessly through space. We were overcrowded, under-armed, low on fuel and nearly out of food. Our handful of battered Vipers were only minor nuisance to the daily Raider attacks and after a week, when the Base ship appeared, most of us were resigned to our fate.

But then, appearing like a savior from the Gods themselves, a lone battlestar pounded through the Cylons’ defenses. We cheered the arrival of Battlestar Pegasus; her crew had saved us. Or so we thought...

Scylla was first. We watched from the observation deck of the charter liner Requiem, as the Raptors docked with it. We caught a brief burst of wireless comms from Scylla, frantic and distorted, but the message was clear: get away. It was too late; when Pegasus' Raptors found Requiem a few minutes later, they brought nothing that gave us reason to praise the Gods. Mechanics arrived to claim Requiem's vital systems, and Colonial Marines--with guns drawn--claimed warm bodies. Death at the mechanical hands of the Cylons would have been better.

Drafted and pressed into service, your only hope of survival is to fall in line and train to join the ranks of the elite Viper pilots of Battlestar Pegasus. Get a taste of the action that awaits you in the upcoming main campaign with intense single- and multiplayer missions. Will you become one of Pegasus’ elite, or will you give your life in the vast, cold battleground of deep space?

Game features:
• Powered by the revamped Freespace 2 engine
• Entirely stand-alone, Freespace 2 not required
• Accurately detailed high-resolution ship models
• High quality, originally engineered audio
• Authentic, original in-game soundtrack, in addition to pieces by Bear McCreary and Richard Gibbs
• Original characters and voice acting
• A three mission single player campaign depicting never-before-seen events, interwoven with and true to the series’ storyline
• Head online and go head-to-head with your friends—and foes—in intense multiplayer missions including Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and others
• Exciting Viper combat with authentic weaponry and flight controls

We have been hard at work and are very excited to finally bring the Beyond the Red Line experience to the public. If you've been waiting to go head to head in your Viper or Raider, now is your chance!!

Beyond the Red Line is a complete conversion modification of Freespace 2. It is free to the public. We the Beyond the Red Line team make no money or profit from this mod project in any way.

Dude, this rocks! I just recently deleted them from my favorites and now its out. Cant wait to get home to try this. Maybe now I can wait till 08 for more BSG.

Just played it, had a bug where the screen kept turning black after the sim mission, what's the idea behind this game?

turning black...are you playing in OpenGL? (openGL is recommended). see the forums http://www.game-warden.com/forum for technical support; that is where most of our developers are available.

I don't understand 'what is the idea behind this game;' It is a space combat sim based on Battlestar Galactica (new series). That doesn't become fully apparent for those unfamiliar with BSG until the second mission though, which it sounds like you can't get into yet. Visit the forums linked above for support. I'm sorry you are having troubles.

Turning black as in, all the stars were disappearing as well as ships, crosshairs were still visible, probably just ati drivers, they were having some trouble with opengl support.

I'm sorry you're having issues with it; I recommend you visit our forums, where some of our coders/programmers may be able to help you.

get it up on fileplanet please. Otherwise I will DL it tonight if I remember. Is this something like Wing Commander? I sure hope so! Space Combat woot!

Does support Widescreen, runs in Vista, though I had to use "Run as Admin" to get it to work. This game is pretty sick, first time I have busted out my Joystick since TIE Fighter. Loving it, well done.

I must say I'm pretty impressed. :) It brings back glorious memories of FreeSpace 2. Thanks very much for posting the link!

(now to figure out how to get my ship to roll w/ my joystick...)

I must say I'm pretty impressed. :) It brings back glorious memories of FreeSpace 2. Thanks very much for posting the link!

(now to figure out how to get my ship to roll w/ my joystick...)

Main Menu > Options > Controls (lower right of the screen). If your joystick isn't being properly recognized in the control mapping screen as you change mappings, change Joystick to 'Win32 Joystick 1 or2' (I think that's what it says) in the launcher's Audio/Joystick tab.

See our forums for more troubleshooting information and FAQs

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Back