BF 2 1.5 September 1st

Same here..

but I was aiming halfway across Sharqi Peninula.... Ainmign from the Construction Site, all the way to the top of the TV Station.

That was my favorite, one average it takes about 2 shots if you don't get a head shot and in an active game you'll get a lot of kill damage assists. Then again, I use to not miss the head a lot :p

well I finalyl found a BF2 DVD on Amazon in like new condition.. which I had been looking for for months, Its like seeking the Holy Grail...
Haha! Yeah, it's the most feared install @ LANs. I used to have the DVD and now have the 3 CD's. PITA!! I wonder if I could turn the 3 CD copy into a DVD...

That was my favorite, one average it takes about 2 shots if you don't get a head shot and in an active game you'll get a lot of kill damage assists. Then again, I use to not miss the head a lot :p

Yea, I never was good at snipign tho.. I teh sux.... most if the time I use engineer though, I prefer to be a behind the scenes soldier, fixing my fellow soldier's trucks and stuff.

Haha! Yeah, it's the most feared install @ LANs. I used to have the DVD and now have the 3 CD's. PITA!! I wonder if I could turn the 3 CD copy into a DVD...

I also had the 3 CD set and then somehow the Disc 1 got snapped in too so I downloaded the DVD Iso and just installed it via Daemon Tools, will end up keep using it in the future... but its always nice to have a hard copy. I wonder why they didn't make the dvd version very long? It makes a lot more sense than 3 CDs... and cheaper to manufacture I would assume...

I appreciate the offer for help. However, I have played BF since the 1942 demo. Been a clan leader in twl and cal back in the day. Actually won both on several different occasions and competition types 8v8, 5v5, 12v12 etc.

The game has been buggy on 7 different systems. No helping me I am afraid. Love the game, hate the code.

Yea, I never was good at snipign tho.. I teh sux.... most if the time I use engineer though, I prefer to be a behind the scenes soldier, fixing my fellow soldier's trucks and stuff.

I also had the 3 CD set and then somehow the Disc 1 got snapped in too so I downloaded the DVD Iso and just installed it via Daemon Tools, will end up keep using it in the future... but its always nice to have a hard copy. I wonder why they didn't make the dvd version very long? It makes a lot more sense than 3 CDs... and cheaper to manufacture I would assume...

I remember buying it a week after it came out, and by incredible luck they had a DVD copy in-stock!

I still have the DVD, and am reinstalling right now.

QUESTION: is the 1.5 patch out yet? On the website, I only see 1.41.

I remember buying it a week after it came out, and by incredible luck they had a DVD copy in-stock!

been out for a week or so now, I got it from fileplanet.. still have my original dvd too :)

Is it actually worth trying to play BF2? Since 1.5 came out i've been busting heads on FH2, but haven't bothered with the original game yet since all I remember of it was that it had devolved into people spawn-raping and bouncing around like mental defects.

... and bouncing around like mental defects.

^^^ this still happens, but BF2 is still tons of fun IMO, particularly on a good server...which there are many of. I reinstalled for the 1.5 patch and it's the only game I've been playing since.

Is it actually worth trying to play BF2? Since 1.5 came out i've been busting heads on FH2, but haven't bothered with the original game yet since all I remember of it was that it had devolved into people spawn-raping and bouncing around like mental defects.

The same dummies exist (like me) but the improvements are just that: improvements. The hit box is better, but still not good and frustrating at times. The AA is actually effective now.

The AA is actually effective now.

Speak for yourself, been taking down choppers and planes since the games release (AA ribbon and badge to proof that), though was very effective against friendlies, first game (first round) on the retail version I took down a fully loaded Blackhawk on my side (insta-kick, in my defense I was tracking a hostile). They were death traps though, there was no way of taking someone down if they spotted you and took you out before you could reload. The AA lock on faster now and track better.

hmm im rather enjoying the servers with the clans where everyone has admin. its fun being kicked from servers over and over for getting into a plane/heli before one of them.

Yeah, and good to see that people are still standing on helipads sniping you out of the aircraft every time you spawn. It's all a bit 2005.

I know, its crazy. I went to download it today while I was at work and it said the same thing. So I am downloading it super slowly from File Planet. But I dont really care its slow because I have 5 hours.

I know, its crazy. I went to download it today while I was at work and it said the same thing. So I am downloading it super slowly from File Planet. But I dont really care its slow because I have 5 hours.

I just thank the gods that I backed-up my Battlefield 2 account folder. I don't really care about my account (getting that back is a nice bonus), it's the myriad control settings I don't want to go through again :)

I need some help:

I'm running BF2 1.5, and a 4850 with Cat 9.7. In all maps, I see the following shadow artifacts all over the ground. They move all over the place whenever I move around in-game.

2sao76q.jpg

I already cleared the cache files. What else can I do to fix this?

9.9 on a 4870 here, no problems. Try 9.9 and see if it fixes your problem.

9.9 on a 4870 here, no problems. Try 9.9 and see if it fixes your problem.

Just installed 9.9, did not fix my issues. It only goes away when I set terrain to Low.

This makes a big difference on the visual quality of the game, and I'd rather not have to do this.

EDIT: seems like I'm not the only one with this problem (his description is spot-on what I'm seeing). This guy had the same issue, on an Nvidia card, 2 years ago!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=38845

Too bad he doesn't have a fix.

Last edited:
I also had that problem back when I had a 7800GT and setting the Negative LOD Bias to "Allow" fixed the texture issue for me.

Now I've got an 8800GT and the NLODB is set go "Clamp" and I don't have the texture issue. Go figure.

Have you updated your DX lately?

I also had that problem back when I had a 7800GT and setting the Negative LOD Bias to "Allow" fixed the texture issue for me.

Now I've got an 8800GT and the NLODB is set go "Clamp" and I don't have the texture issue. Go figure.

Have you updated your DX lately?

Is there any equivilant to the NLOD Bias in the ATI drivers?

I'll try updating my DirectX 9 install.

EDIT: DX install didn't fix anything. I downloaded ATI Tray Tools because it says in the documentation that it can control LOD, but I can't find the setting anywhere, and the english support site has disappeared (funny, the Russian site is still there).

Last edited:
I found the LOD setting in ATT, but moving it to anywhere between -1 and -10 did nothing.

I do know that the setting was having an effect, because when I set it to +10, the textures were ungodly low resolution. But again, even at +10 the artifacts were still there.

It turns out that I'm not the only one with this problem here at the [H], but he couldn't fix his either :(

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1238698

Maybe try a complete uninstall of your vid drivers, do a driver cleaner and then reinstall them. It's stab-in-the-dark time! :D

Maybe try a complete uninstall of your vid drivers, do a driver cleaner and then reinstall them. It's stab-in-the-dark time! :D

How about I just give up?

The game is playable, but a tad ugly with low-detail terrain. I imagine I'll get pissed and annoyed long before I succeed in fixing this problem, and an ancient game doesn't command that kind of effort from me.

Plus, BF2 has ALWAYS been a bugfest. Back when I played on my 6600GT, the game had a memory leak that would overrun my 1GB ram. There was also a 6600GT-specific game crash that was never resolved, where the video would slow down to a crawl and the game would become unresponsive (this was separate from the memory leak). But neither my 6600GT nor my 7900Gt produced this ugly terrain issue. Just another damn bug.

But I thank you folks for trying to help.

I just installed it and my G13 doesn't work in the game. :(
I can't game with a regular keyboard anymore.

Back