BF 2142 1.06 HotFix out!

Hmm I installed it and still got C2D's like crazy. Couldnt even join a game it will just crash.

Update:

Just did a clean install and everything is now working. Dont know why it did that but its good now. Kickass game.

GlimmerMan said:
Also available on EA Link (Downloader).
I cant get it to recognize I have 2142 , or BF2 Special Forces, I have all the Battlefield games and the only ones that show up are, BF2, Euro Forces, and Armored Fury, I went to my account and registered all my games but they still do not show. I guess they nly show up there if you buy them thru the EA Link (formerly EA Downloader).

ya i know ive read all your guys problems with the game C2d

but what i did is i bought the game yesterday came home
and installed the game and before i ever Ran it i download the 1.05 patch and installed
then i installed the 1.06 then i played the game for the first time
and knock on wood it hasn't crashed once and now the the game runs great

runs better than bf2

runs better than the bf2142 demo i played when it first came out !

The game runs good overall, however the online packet loss must still be high. I keep getting awkward play online no matter which servers I jump on. My ping figures rarely get larger than 40, so my connection to the servers I'm jumping on should be sufficient.

Good news is no CTD's on my end with the 1.06 patch.

Call me crazy but I think EA/DICE still has their work cut out for themselves for some time to come...Or, I think we all already knew that.

Not sure about the widescreen support just yet...

LoStMaTt said:
Any widescreen support yet or no?

There is never going to be any widescreen support. They said this. They think it gives widescreen players an unfair advantage..... In BF2142 you can set it for a widescreen resolution, it will still be a 4:3 image though just stretched to fit widescreen. There is never going to be any true 16:10 widescreen support.

I think thats retarded and the one thing that stops me from buying 2142(and continuing playing BF2). If games like CS:S can support different aspect ratios, and CS:S is considered a very competitive game moreso then the BF2* series, then I dont see the problem.

Maybe its a flaw in their engine and they cant properly do it? I really have no clue.

Diablo2K said:
I cant get it to recognize I have 2142 , or BF2 Special Forces, I have all the Battlefield games and the only ones that show up are, BF2, Euro Forces, and Armored Fury, I went to my account and registered all my games but they still do not show. I guess they nly show up there if you buy them thru the EA Link (formerly EA Downloader).

In EA Link, go to the "Home" tab on the left. Somewhere down the page, there is a link for the patch. Clink on it and it will add it to "My Stuff". Downloading from EA Link is quite fast, much better than using most other hosting sites.

Back