BF2 1.12 patch weapons

Cigolon

Gawd
so, with the new 1.12 patch- how are any of the new weapons? which ones are worth upgrading - which ones aren't?

i've also heard stuff about them changing the ranks and upgrades when browsing for info- but i haven't been able to find the new ranks / if there is a difference in how quick you get upgrades?

i've also noticed the old medic upgrade is a little less accurate, or it seems atleast? did they mess with it or have i just not played in two weeks? just seems like i'm not hitting like i was.

well the only one I've snagged from a corpse so far was the assault class one (something 2000)...and to tell the truth....it was inaccurate as hell.

was the grenade launcher good on it atleast? did it have a zoom?
i can't figure out how to unlock it. i've got close to the number needed for another unlock but i dont see the weapon when i'm browsing BFHQ and looking through the kits and stuff. i see all the other weapons, but not that one.

I haven't unlocked any of them but I picked up a G36E (New medic unlock) from a fallen team mate and I liked it a lot. It seemed to have better accuracy and power than the the default M16A2. But I don't know about the L85 (Old medic unlock) being less accurate than it used to be, because I just unlocked it yesterday.

Edited to add: I didn't catch your last post. The F2000 has a very slight zoom, it seems maybe 2X. The grenade launcher felt the same as the M203, but I don't use the launchers very much anyway so I don't know.

From what I've heard, before you can unlock any of the new weapons you have to have played a certain amount of BF2: Special Forces. It's just EA's way of making more money. :eek:

Cigolon said:
was the grenade launcher good on it atleast? did it have a zoom?
i can't figure out how to unlock it. i've got close to the number needed for another unlock but i dont see the weapon when i'm browsing BFHQ and looking through the kits and stuff. i see all the other weapons, but not that one.

The grenade launcher is fine, just like M203. It did have zoom, but that didn't really help, even prone :rolleyes: .

That's what I've heard. It seems that even if you've earned an unlock, the new unlocks are unavailable unless you have played a certain amount of time on SF ranked servers.

Back