BF2 AA Rocks!

Chameleoki

Limp Gawd
Wow. In one round I got 40 points - 17 kills and 6 assists with the new AA. Planes and helicopters really have to worry now! Two hits (one volley) will take them out! And the missles seem on steroids with the speed they shoot out at. Reload time is the same.

Now there will not be any air domination (or spamming of the carriers!). Great patch!!!

Chameleoki said:
Wow. In one round I got 40 points - 17 kills and 6 assists with the new AA. Planes and helicopters really have to worry now! Two hits (one volley) will take them out! And the missles seem on steroids with the speed they shoot out at. Reload time is the same.

Now there will not be any air domination (or spamming of the carriers!). Great patch!!!

Wow, the only time I ever got any major kills with AA is mowing troops down with the mobile AA's guns...

J-Mag said:
Wow, the only time I ever got any major kills with AA is mowing troops down with the mobile AA's guns...

HAHA thats a blast rolling into a base being take over with the mobile AA and make some racket, lol. I have mowed down about 10 people at once then got TK'ed

k1pp3r said:
HAHA thats a blast rolling into a base being take over with the mobile AA and make some racket, lol. I have mowed down about 10 people at once then got TK'ed

You can always tell a novice tank pilot when they get gunshy when being pummled with AA. The exploding rounds make it hard to see and the sound is a lot scarier then the actual damage.

Chameleoki said:
Wow. In one round I got 40 points - 17 kills and 6 assists with the new AA.

Is it that the flares don't work as well? Or just that the AA actually does more damage?

pigpen said:
Is it that the flares don't work as well? Or just that the AA actually does more damage?

It's a combination of air has less hit points and the AA actually works the way it was supposed to. It actually hits and I have yet to get a teamkill with it. Flares work the same and if you use them, the missles do go to the flares right away so pilots just have to be smarter.

urbsnspices said:
You can always tell a novice tank pilot when they get gunshy when being pummled with AA. The exploding rounds make it hard to see and the sound is a lot scarier then the actual damage.

Yes it makes a ton of noise, and AT rounds are had to aim at AA's when rounds are hitting around you, but hey, they are fun to kill and kill with

I might actually have to reinstall the game. The extremely overpowered helicopters were a bit frustrating.

I would've whored them too...if only they had flown like the helicopters in Desert Combat.

AA did get a hell of a lot better. Not only from ground to air, but air to air too. Dog fights just went from lasting half a round with two good pilots to about 20 seconds :)

Thats great. Sounds like the days of jet whores finishing the game with 60 kills and 0 deaths are over.
I will definitely be spending more time in the original BF2 maps then.

I have always done well with AA. Sure the missiles weren't all that accurate, but they did keep enemies from coming straight at you.

Back