BF2 and VOIP

cherrypik

Limp Gawd
VOIP. Has anyone figured this out. Why this is not working. IT was working prepatched.

Try playing on only official EA Servers with VOIP enabled. Fixed my problem with VOIP 100%. If that doesn't help you, it's a problem with your sound card or drivers.

Some servers just don't have it enabled. Check "BattleComm" under your filter settings to get servers that support VOIP...

I have USB headset mic and I noticed recently that upon entering some games, I have to turn the mute on and off again on my headset to enable voip. Weird, but true. I think it works fine, people just don't use it alot.

We use my Teamspeak server when playing. Hardly every use the in-game VOIP, unless it's to warn people of Arty when I'm the commander.

azzkikur said:
We use my Teamspeak server when playing. Hardly every use the in-game VOIP, unless it's to warn people of Arty when I'm the commander.

You mean the big red artillery symbol isn't enough? ;) :D

azzkikur said:

Can you fill me in on what exactly is teamspeak?

Also, I checked the battlecomm last nite and still no go. I have to check the mute button tonite.

wfalcon said:
You mean the big red artillery symbol isn't enough? ;) :D
You would think it would be, wouldn't you. LOL :D

cherrypik said:

Also, I checked the battlecomm last nite and still no go. I have to check the mute button tonite.
Follow the link pistol gave. Teamspeak is just a program that allows people to talk over the internet. It uses barely any resources at all, so you can easily setup your own server. You can join other peoples servers, and talk to them, or create your own server, then join it along with your buddies. I have the server setup on my laptop, and then I connect to it and we use it to communicate in game. It's easy to setup and use, and it's free. Great for any game that you need to talk to other people in. If your using it on the same internet connection as your playing on, limit the amount of people to 8 or so, so you don't lag from it.

cherrypik said:

I can tell when mine is not muted because the mic is live. I can hear stuff through it even when I'm not hitting the talk key. That's how I really know if it's working. Also, you'll see the little speaker icon on the screen too when you hit the talk key. If you're not seeing that, then it's not working, or not enabled on the server.

Back