BF2 Co-Op mode .... weeeeee

somecallmeTim

[H]F Junkie
Okay, with some tweaking I loaded up our BF2 server in Co-Op mode with a crap load of Bots set at a fairly high AI (75 out of 100) - and by crapload I mean there are always 32 bots on the server, on a 16 player map - I found it forces to 16 player in Co-Op mode. There were about 12 people in there l last night and we were having blast wasing bots and not worring about stat whores. It was pure carnage, insanely so. It was a nice change of pace.

I think I'll tweak it so the bots are on one side or the other, let the humans be USMC (or allies) and the bots the other side.

Took them long enough to get Co-Op mode out, wonder why it was so hard, BF'42 and BF:V had it from thet get go.

If you are interested - 66.45.163.43 is the server IP. There's a Co-Op BF2: SF running at 66.45.163.45... haven't fully tested it yet tho.

Anyway, at least one good thing came out of the 1.3 patch :)

Peace,
Tim

Brucelee said:
are these ranked servers?
No - I don't think you'll ever see any ranked Co-Op servers. WIth the AI at 100, they'll take over the rankings, AND they'll head shot you with a tank from across the map.. hehe. It's really for fun since it's a game - playing on ranked servers is fun too, but sometimes you just need a break from stat whores, and "winning" - just get in there and blow up bots... feels good once in a while.

Peace,
Tim

Technically you could always get a "co-op" game going with battlefield 2, all you had to do was startup a single player game and have everyone else connect to your IP.

The only difference is now you can adjust the bot settings and the game browser supports them directly.

squeezee said:
Technically you could always get a "co-op" game going with battlefield 2, all you had to do was startup a single player game and have everyone else connect to your IP.

The only difference is now you can adjust the bot settings and the game browser supports them directly.

Technically, that wasn't a good solution. It sucked, it was unstable, and you had to reconnect for each map.
Technically, it wasn't co-op mode. Technically it was an open single player game.
And, in my opinion, BF2 sucked ass without Co-op mode.

somecallmeTim said:
No - I don't think you'll ever see any ranked Co-Op servers. WIth the AI at 100, they'll take over the rankings, AND they'll head shot you with a tank from across the map.. hehe. It's really for fun since it's a game - playing on ranked servers is fun too, but sometimes you just need a break from stat whores, and "winning" - just get in there and blow up bots... feels good once in a while.

Peace,
Tim

We should have ranks for clones... That would show some of those stat whores that they got beat by a clone!!!... :p

Back