BF2 failed to install...

BBA

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm just trying to install all of my games on my new system.,

Is there any common reason BF2 won't install? It gets to the point on the CD1 install where it's installing '...oilfileds\clients.zip' then an error comes up that said Battlefield 2 failed to install. Restart from the beginning.

Some details that 'may' be relevent here:
i7, Win7 Ult x64. I do have Alcohol120% running a VCD, tried from both the VCD and from physical media. I even disabled Virtual CD altogether and retried it.

I was wondering, except it installed fine on my old system running XP32. Guess I'll have to try another CD to see if it works.

try to see if you can download it from EA's website if you have a key. I think I saw somewhere on there where you could dl the game. And if you have a key I don't see you running into any issues with it

try to see if you can download it from EA's website if you have a key. I think I saw somewhere on there where you could dl the game. And if you have a key I don't see you running into any issues with it

BF2 is too old to add to the digital download system.
Do you have any friends that have the DVD version, you can borrow that and install from that vs swapping the 3 CD's.

Back