BF2 Graphical issue w/ nvidia and ati cards

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
I reformatted today only to come against an old issue. I must have fixed this somehow before but I don't recall how.

In BF2 I have whole sections of the ground go black and it's the same spots usually. They come and go but I can't figure it out why?

This happened with my 7900gtx and now my 1900xt. I am using the NGO 6.3 drivers and this didn't happen with them before the reformat.

HEP ME!!!

just get new drivers (if those arent newest) also make sure u arent ocing anything.... other than that it sounds a heat issue.

that's just it. same drivers and config worked fine before. temps are normal.

yes. I have patched and I will try other 6.3 drivers. The point is twofold:

It ran fine with the same setup, drivers etc but with a lower framerate.
The same EXACT issue has occurred with both brands of gpu.

Kind of makes you think it's something else huh? Like the PSU ain't cuttin it perhaps?
"It ran fine with the same setup, drivers etc but with a lower framerate"?? Do you mean resolution?
If you do, rendering at a lower resolution might draw less power and your PSU sqeaks by.

Have you gone back into the game and adjusted the graphics settings? Things like shadow settings, lighting settings, texture detail, draw distances, etc.?

updated to Net 1.1 and installed the Omega 6.3s. It seems to have fixed the issue for the most part even tho I have noticed the problem on occasion in very limited areas.

It's a BF2 only issue of course.

Maybe the 1.3 patch will fix it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

flickering in the distance i get on both my video cards (5700le and 7600gt) its normal from what i here, just not huge gouges of black or black flickering

there are so many rendering bugs with this game it is not even funny. Most of them, as far as I can tell affect both platforms to an equal degree, with the exception of horrendous ati shadows.

* texture popping in the distance (windows on buildings are easiest to notice this on)
* white pixels surrounding textures in distance (using the sniper rifle on wake and zooming in on a tree is easiest to notice this)
* particle effects do not go through the alpha channel on textures (artillery landing behind bushes is easiest to notice this)
* cannot force anti aliasing through the control panel
* ati specific: shadows look terrible (blocky)

Does it flash black? almost looks as though a mesh of textures is flashing black really quick? Thats a Z-buffer error. I have noticed them in lots of games lately so it probably has something to do with nvidia's drivers.

SuperFarStucker said:
there are so many rendering bugs with this game it is not even funny. Most of them, as far as I can tell affect both platforms to an equal degree, with the exception of horrendous ati shadows.

* texture popping in the distance (windows on buildings are easiest to notice this on)
* white pixels surrounding textures in distance (using the sniper rifle on wake and zooming in on a tree is easiest to notice this)
* particle effects do not go through the alpha channel on textures (artillery landing behind bushes is easiest to notice this)
* cannot force anti aliasing through the control panel
* ati specific: shadows look terrible (blocky)

* cannot force anti aliasing through the control panel -
With ATI you need to either force from inside the game OR rename the .exe of the game - because the AA implementation is so lousy ATI application detects and doesn't let the CP apply the AA. You have to either use in game settings or rename the .exe to get ATI's AA to turn on. Nvidia is not picky and they allow the AA either way.

Back