BF2 patch tomorrow **CONFIRMED BY IGN**

he suffers from slow loads? :eek: sucks to be him. bf2 loads extremly fast for me.

im looking forward to some of the fix's hopefully the ground to air missles will give me some challenge when im in my mig.

Sounds good. Now, how cool will it be if they tweaked the points required for promotions just enough for me to get an automatic bump to Corporal? I think I'm like 400 points shy right now (approx. 9950 pts.)

But good news all around.

Wildace said:
he suffers from slow loads? :eek: sucks to be him. bf2 loads extremly fast for me.

im looking forward to some of the fix's hopefully the ground to air missles will give me some challenge when im in my mig.

I hear you on that one. I can easily go 20-1 in any given game if I am in a fighter jet. In bombers I can go something like 50-6.

I am so ready for this patch!

TK's better get fixed!

No more tks for Arty is awesome.

No more lame Blackhawk-flag taking- nonsense.

New map.

Finally getting credit for C4'ing opponents homebase is welcomed.

I hope my buggy rolling half-an inch into me, when I exit, wont kill me anymore.

Can I be the first to request that when you get this put it in BitTorrent format and share it with the rest of us!

Wildace said:

Can't imagine why that rig in your sig would load a game fast. It's probably a lot worse than the rig that guy is playing on.

finalgt said:
Can't imagine why that rig in your sig would load a game fast. It's probably a lot worse than the rig that guy is playing on.

yea your probly right. but even with my 3200+ barton system i never noticed any long load times. i think hes just a bit impatiant or hes playing on a server that loads after every round. also a good defrag might help, testing alot of games on his pc might slow things down a bit over time ;)

24/7 gulf of oman and 24/7 karkand are probly my fav. type of pub servers to play on.

ninethreeeleven said:
Can I be the first to request that when you get this put it in BitTorrent format and share it with the rest of us!
I do not see a point to it, the minimum dlaod speed from fileplanet wil lbe 80kbps, bittorrent wont go over 30.

"I do not see a point to it, the minimum dlaod speed from fileplanet wil lbe 80kbps, bittorrent wont go over 30."

which client are you using?

I have Azureus and never encountered any kind of 30k cap?

Hell, I remember more than once uploading over 30k.

Maybe you need to check your options in the client?

Or he isnt really a gamer and is used to super mario type games....

But nobody with high perf pc's complains about load times I know...

I dont...

I dont have em..

Things I think they need to consider...
1. Like when CoD came out and most people complained about bunny hopping they need to address this. When I was watching Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, etc... I didn't recall seeing anyone constantly jumping around the enitire movie.
2. I hate when you notice a tank/APC, turn and run the other way get about 5 feet around and corner and then die.
3. More control over allowing/disallowing punishing on servers. I played Raven Shield for close to 2 years and rarely if ever punished, it's a dumb option.
4. When you barely touch someone in a vehicle you kill them, then they punish you (see 3).
5. The ability to disable helicopters on certain maps (Mushtaar City). This map is one of the best maps on the game minus the damn Black Hawk raping the MEC team.

That sucks ass. Have to wait a few days to install, RMAing a videocard in my gaming system :( . I hope they fixed the bug with the co-pilot machine gun in the fighter choppers. The gun is impossible to use after you go into TV mode with any of the choppers.

Major_A said:
1. Like when CoD came out and most people complained about bunny hopping they need to address this. When I was watching Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, etc... I didn't recall seeing anyone constantly jumping around the enitire movie.
2. I hate when you notice a tank/APC, turn and run the other way get about 5 feet around and corner and then die.
3. More control over allowing/disallowing punishing on servers. I played Raven Shield for close to 2 years and rarely if ever punished, it's a dumb option.
4. When you barely touch someone in a vehicle you kill them, then they punish you (see 3).
5. The ability to disable helicopters on certain maps (Mushtaar City). This map is one of the best maps on the game minus the damn Black Hawk raping the MEC team.

This issue has already been fixed. Only the driver can now capture a flag, giving you more time to shoot the chopper down. Not to mention engineers repair slower.

Major_A said:

Bahahahaha... Raven Shield... Good times. Most servers turned that gay punish shit off because no one ever used it responsibly... I vote that EA turns gets rid of punishing entirely and no penalty for TK's so not only does it allow you to use claymores and mines without worry, you can TK any bastard as many times as you want if they decide to TK you for a vehicle. Nothing pisses me off more than me about to get in a vehicle, then some jackass TK's me for it and he does it only once to me and once to anyone else, but because of the punish system no one is willing to do anything about it. Oh... and voting is pointless.

ComputerBox34 said:
This issue has already been fixed. Only the driver can now capture a flag, giving you more time to shoot the chopper down. Not to mention engineers repair slower.
I'm talking about how the helicopter flies around basically unconcerned with ground fire and tears up the other team with the mini guns. Most people agree the MEC transport helicopter is a flying turd and the guns on it are worthless.

air2k5 said:
I do not see a point to it, the minimum dlaod speed from fileplanet wil lbe 80kbps, bittorrent wont go over 30.

Can I get some proof of this being true?

Either I am retarded or my BitTorrent client isn't reading right. When I downloaded the [H]ard|Ocp QuakeCon video (a few 100 MBs) I got it in around 15 minutes. Do the math and that is faster than 30kbs, no to mention the download speed read over 300kbs.

When somethings come out (like new systm videos) the download speeds are way over 30kbs.

It would be ultra-sweet if they did fix the way that mines and claymores work and not allow punishment for them.

I have never used one and not gotten punished because some moron runs up and sees the red skulls all over an area and runs right into it.

Plus, it makes responsible sniping impossible. I claymore the ladder behind my snipping post and hide it very well so that the person comming up the ladder gets blasted without having a chance to see the explosive, just like a real sniper would. However, this has gotten me a fair share of TK's from other snipers that want to be on the same perch.

When I mine, I go to the enemies base and put one on each side of a vehicle.... works great... except for when someone on my team runs up and hops in the vehicle and tries to drive off.

Red skulls... watch for them.

What about optimizing the game, it runs like crap on mine with High Texture and everything else set to Medium. Texture Filtering set to Low and No AA. I have a Athlon XP 3000 and 9700 Pro, I know its older but it shouldnt run this horribly, I was able to play Far Cry at Semi-High 2AA and 2AF.

tilted said:
"I do not see a point to it, the minimum dlaod speed from fileplanet wil lbe 80kbps, bittorrent wont go over 30."

which client are you using?

I have Azureus and never encountered any kind of 30k cap?

Hell, I remember more than once uploading over 30k.

Maybe you need to check your options in the client?
Bitcomet, i do not remmber once going over 80k, and 80k was on a file with more seeders than dloaders.

Wildace said:

Jets are hard to shoot down. Part of the problem is that people dont even try. I enjoy putting the heat on Helos but if Im in the mobile AA I wont waste the ammo on a jet. It seems like an improved SAM would be hell on helos. Hard to balance this..

BTW, for new arty TK rules: is there zero friendly fire for arty? or just no punishment if you die. They should make it smart, it is a TK if they were there when you called arty, but no TK if they enter the area after it was called. A commander shouldnt be allowed to bomb his troops with consequences and a commander should not be punished for idiots entering the "15 second zone of death". Eah easy to armchair nitpick....

Defrag your HD, it may do wonders for slo-load times. You know you have been meaning to do it anyway....

OuTLaWzSm said:
What about optimizing the game, it runs like crap on mine with High Texture and everything else set to Medium. Texture Filtering set to Low and No AA. I have a Athlon XP 3000 and 9700 Pro, I know its older but it shouldnt run this horribly, I was able to play Far Cry at Semi-High 2AA and 2AF.

You have it backwards. Set the textures to medium, then bump everything else up. I'm assuming you're at 1024x768 res? It's well know that textures on high in BF2 requires more than 1 GB of system RAM.

urbsnspices said:
Jets are hard to shoot down. Part of the problem is that people dont even try. I enjoy putting the heat on Helos but if Im in the mobile AA I wont waste the ammo on a jet. It seems like an improved SAM would be hell on helos. Hard to balance this..

BTW, for new arty TK rules: is there zero friendly fire for arty? or just no punishment if you die. They should make it smart, it is a TK if they were there when you called arty, but no TK if they enter the area after it was called. A commander shouldnt be allowed to bomb his troops with consequences and a commander should not be punished for idiots entering the "15 second zone of death". Eah easy to armchair nitpick....

Defrag your HD, it may do wonders for slo-load times. You know you have been meaning to do it anyway....

IIRC, i believe it said that there wouldnt be any punishment towards the commander, but you WILL STILL DIE...

urbsnspices said:

BTW, for new arty TK rules: is there zero friendly fire for arty? or just no punishment if you die. They should make it smart, it is a TK if they were there when you called arty, but no TK if they enter the area after it was called. A commander shouldnt be allowed to bomb his troops with consequences and a commander should not be punished for idiots entering the "15 second zone of death".

Isn't that why you can call a mutiny on a commander?

Back