BF3 On older GTS250

Rajincajun

Weaksauce
Ok I finally got my copy of BF3. I was worried that it would play like crap with my older GTS250 but to my surprise the game at 1280x1020 runs very good with settings to low. I have been getting about 33 to 35 and a low of 20 which is not often.

I have a i5 2000K not over clocked running the stock clock. So older cards will run to the point of being able to play..

Just waiting to see if the newer cards come out before I make the plunge.

After a little teaking I now have the game running 1600x1200 low everything and am getting 55 fps mostly.

Definitely gives me hope, I have a worse processor but a better graphics card. I was worried about paying the money and being left with 15 fps

I didn't check the actual FPS on my rig in sig, but the beta didn't run way too well for me even with SLI enabled on the 2x 285s. I'm playing at 1920x1200 and had everything on medium with 2x AA, I think. I doubt I ever got over 35-40 FPS and could tell it was dipping well into the 20s a lot of times. Hopefully the retail version will run a bit better. It'll be a month or so before I get it though with all the other games I have to play soon (still playing Gears 3, Uncharted 3 tomorrow and MW3 soon). Bad season for the bank account :(.

GTS 450 1920x1080 with automatic settings (high & medium throughout) and it runs fine.

Back