BF3 Slow Down Issue

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
Tried posting this in the main BF3 thread, but the question got lost amongst heated gameplay discussion:

"I normally get between 40-50 fps in Caspian Border. But every once in a while, my fps is a constant 20-35. When I restart the computer, this usually fixes things. Yesterday, when i noticed that it was happening again, I jumped out to the desktop and closed out all my Chrome windows, including the one for Battlelog. When I jumped back into bf3, fps was back to the 40+ range.

Any idea what it could be? Think it's Battlelog? or maybe one of the other windows I had open? (probably hard forum and Yahoo fantasy football)"

When I first upgraded my e6420 to a q9550, I didn't change my motherboard. As a result, I think that's what is holding me back from being able to overclock. Granted, i didn't look into it much, so it could have been another issue as well like memory.

That being said, I don't think my stock clocks on my q9550 should have anything to do with the unexplicable slow down in bf3. Most of the time when I play bf3 (80%+), I have great framerates. It's just that every once in a while the frame rates will halve. It just so happens that I was able to fix it yesterday by simply closing all my Chrome windows and jumping back into bf3.

So I'm wondering if it's possible that it's Battlelog window slowing me down.

Have been experiencing something similar recently. I've got 5870 CFX -- I'll load into the game and for the first minute or so it plays very smoothly. After that, normally after I die a couple of times, the frame rate seems to cut by more than half and it chugs along and is unplayable.

I suspect might be driver related (I hate AMD drivers) or maybe one of the 5870's is on its last leg, but it really only seems to be BF3 that does it, and I was able to play for a couple of weeks without this sort of thing happening...

Try closing your browser windows next time that happens and see if it fixes it...

Try closing your browser windows next time that happens and see if it fixes it...

Yeah, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: come to think of it, it may have just started to happen after the recent "upgrade" of origin and the browser plugin....

Back