BF4 Summer Patch. 60 hz!! About damn time.

SP is now important for a BF/battlefront game? :confused:

DICE does MP, period.

Originally, DICE allowed bots in your game (to practice, etc). I'd prefer if they kept that, but they haven't had bots in a long time (easier to script everything). The Bad Company series was always about the singleplayer campaign.

I won't be buying Battlefront. No single player.

I have a friend of a friend that worked on Battlefield 3 & 4's single player. I will pass onto him that you liked it. Poor guy won't even hop in our TeamSpeak nowadays because of the ribbing that we gave him about the single player. Well we hear that he is busy working on something else at DICE. In all honesty it wasn't that bad; it's just that the multiplayer had so much more resources thrown at it to polish and make it better.

I agree with you on the multiplayer being a turn off sometimes. All you need are a couple of highly questionable players running everyone off the server to kill a good time. But yes, I was expecting some form of a single player mission narrative in Battlefront. A bit of a letdown to say the least.

Congrats to EA/DICE for finally getting BF4 into an acceptable state almost 2 years after release.

MsXmRbm.gif

They pretty much fixed the netcode last may when they upgraded from 10 hz to 30hz. Anything more is nice, but not the NIGHT AND DAY difference we saw last may.

Game was already fixed. Where have you been?

They pretty much fixed the netcode last may when they upgraded from 10 hz to 30hz. Anything more is nice, but not the NIGHT AND DAY difference we saw last may.

Trolling every triple AAA game thread while not having bought any of them of course!

The tick rate is only half the problem, there are MANY more issues with the netcode apart from that which are all documented here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xFPxAUTh0r1ty/videos

Trolling every triple AAA game thread while not having bought any of them of course!

What a terrible first world problem having to read opinions that diverge from your own, I am surprised you haven't drowned from overflowing tears of indignation.

rivers-or-tears.gif

A new patch for BF4? The last patch made me quit playing as it turned the game back into shit. I've been waiting for yet another patch so I can return to playing. We'll see how this one turns out.

I have a friend of a friend that worked on Battlefield 3 & 4's single player. I will pass onto him that you liked it. Poor guy won't even hop in our TeamSpeak nowadays because of the ribbing that we gave him about the single player. Well we hear that he is busy working on something else at DICE. In all honesty it wasn't that bad; it's just that the multiplayer had so much more resources thrown at it to polish and make it better.

I agree with you on the multiplayer being a turn off sometimes. All you need are a couple of highly questionable players running everyone off the server to kill a good time. But yes, I was expecting some form of a single player mission narrative in Battlefront. A bit of a letdown to say the least.
Well you can pass on one more. I really enjoyed the single player campaigns in BF3 and BF4, too. They were very well paced and I hope to see more in future Battlefield titles.

EA’s Peter Moore has defended the lack of a single player campaign in Star Wars: Battlefront by appealing to empirical statistics...“Very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games”, he told GameSpot. “That’s what the data points to.”...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/eas-new-empire-an-interview-with-peter-moore/1100-6429703/
I hate how the big companies are using online data to pinch pennies these days. I first learned about this practice when Forza 4 was released and I was part of a vocal group of people advocating for more tracks. A developer had said plainly that the reason they didn't bring back some tracks in Forza 4 was because their data said that not enough people were driving them to meet their arbitrary metric, even though the assets were already created and the game was using the same engine.

I really wanted to finish BF4 single player but my progress kept getting wiped out.

After listening to the opening song for the 15th goddamn time I gave up. Only made it to level 4.

People still play Betafield 4? I havent touched that shit in a year! Looks st STEAM backlog - I have better games to play!

I am guessing this will fix hit registration issues?
I'll fire 2-3 shots at someone dead center and then I get killed by them and they have 100% health.
It's like my shots didn't register at all. Seems to happen a lot to me.

I am guessing this will fix hit registration issues?
I'll fire 2-3 shots at someone dead center and then I get killed by them and they have 100% health.
It's like my shots didn't register at all. Seems to happen a lot to me.

The last I saw that was more of a killcam bug. It shows they have 100% health in the kill cam but in reality they dont. I think I remember seeing a video from JackFrags or one of those guys about it.

The last I saw that was more of a killcam bug. It shows they have 100% health in the kill cam but in reality they dont. I think I remember seeing a video from JackFrags or one of those guys about it.

I play hardcore and there is no kill cam.
I die it shows who killed me on the bottom of screen and the health they have.

I think it shows the health they had when you died.

That said, there's still some strangeness going on. A few nights ago on Operation Locker a friend and I were playing against each other. We both came around a corner, I had a Aug A3 and got 2 or 3 shots off centre of mass that were all hits. He had a shotgun and 1-shot me. On his screen he says I never even got a single shot off and that he left the encounter with full health (which lines up with what I saw on the kill-cam). I wish we both had recordings so we could compare. Our pings were both around 40. Hopefully shit like this gets fixed or at least better with the 60Hz update.

That's what I meant by kill cam. I found the video I was thinking of it was from LevelCap not JackFrags. He calls it a user interface bug. I think this might be what you are experiencing.

https://youtu.be/WQavsJEOmBo

Yes. The patch should greatly help the, I poured a clip in that assholes back and he turned and killed me anyway. Also, the killed behind cover issue. Etc.

The game is pretty good now. After the patch, it may become what we had hoped for in the first place.

Which should tide us over for a year or two while they fix Battlefront.

Well you can pass on one more. I really enjoyed the single player campaigns in BF3 and BF4, too. They were very well paced and I hope to see more in future Battlefield titles.

They're nice for a quick play through. People think if there was no SP we'd get more maps, vehicles or something. In reality we'd get nothing in return. So I'd rather have the okay SP campaigns.

Back