BFG 285 OC $209 Bestbuy Clearance...

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
I was in the local Marlborough Mass Bestbuy and they had the BFG 285 OC 666mhz card on clearance for $209. Neweggs best price is at least a $100 more with a rebate. Too bad I already bought my Evga 285 SSCs a few months back because this is a sweet price!

Not sure if its only in that store, but if anyone wants one local to that Bestbuy they have a few in stock bran new...

i checked yesterday at one of my local best buys and they were ringing up at $279.99. i wonder if they've changed since yesterday? i know clearance prices vary by region, but i'd be more tempted if it was $209.

Dallas is completely out accordig to the web. :( Bet the sales associates snagged them.

damn ill have to check my BB tomorrow if it checks out ill sell my 260

My BB had 3 at 249 marked down from 349.. Still a pretty sweet deal.. Might go back in a week and see if there marked down any lower.

Just bought a OC 260 216 Or I'd already have one :( :eek:

[T5K]thrasher;1034232514 said:
My BB had 3 at 249 marked down from 349.. Still a pretty sweet deal.. Might go back in a week and see if there marked down any lower.

Just bought a OC 260 216 Or I'd already have one :( :eek:

Best Buy pricing changes on a weekly basis, they will not price back down to last weeks deal, but will to a new price. I would go buy it now if I were you and return if it becomes less expensive.

definitely ymmv. my best buy doesn't even carry anything above a 260. no 275, 280, 285, or 295s.

None in NJ, though the BB site has them listed for 314, shipped in one day from warehouse.

Anyone checked the Canton, North Point, Perimeter, Pleasant Hill, Moreland, Lindbergh, Cobb Parkway, or Barrett locations in Atlanta? Sorry, there are a lot of Best Buy's near me.

I was in the Columbus Ohio area sat and they were 279. Clevland I can check today. I JUST got a second 260 for sli - hell I would sell them and get two 285's to sli if they are 200 a pop.

At The Best Buy in Wareham, MA they have a VisionTek 512mb 4850 (Single Slot Cooler) for $99.99...

WOW...

Best buy prices reset on sunday just as an FYI.

Not Clearance Pricing. I work at Best Buy. Clearance Pricing will drop to a certain point and then it will go End of Life (EOL) and get sent back to our warehouse to be sold elsewhere.

No, call around. They might still have them at this price. Just note, in every district clearance pricing will vary from store to store. So Call all of them in your area.

LOL this is the best Nvidia card they have at Canadian BB's.
Zotac GeForce GTS 250 1GB $229CAD ~ $202USD
LINK
Canadian BB's are pathetic :rolleyes:

Some, if not most, of these Best Buy 285 GTX's are flashed to the wrong clocks from the factory. You will most likely need to underclock em to stock to keep your games from locking up. This has been my experience with two different 285s from Best Buy in the last 2 weeks.

so this is over no sense trying here on monday calling around?

No, call around. They might still have them at this price. Just note, in every district clearance pricing will vary from store to store. So Call all of them in your area.

calling is a bit of a risk (supposedly). sometimes the BB employees will horde them for themselves if you call them and bring to their attention the clearance price. again this is just internet talk, who knows if this actually happens.

Just a heads up checking at my local best buy, wyomissing pa, they have bfg gtx 260 oc for 160, bfg gtx285 for 274, 4890s for 190(maybe 200), 4850s 110, they also had 275 but forgot the price in conjunction with this coupon, courtesy of retailmenot and fatwallet
http://fatwallet.cachefly.net/attachments/8224_bestbuy10_offexp6_30_09.jpg
it makes some pretty sweet deals

it says excludes clearance items. has anyone actually gotten this to work on the BFG clearance cards? link to fatwallet thread?

edit: fatwallet thread with PDF of coupon: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/924538/?start=0

i'm still interested if anyone can get this to work on a clearance item. i imagine chances are slim.

Last edited:
hmm good point, but it says on sale items not clearance items, and clearance items are at a marked down price not a sale price, where the price will go back up the following week, therefore clearance items are not going back up in price so that would in my thinking be that the clearance prices are the new "regular" price for that item until it sells out, in my line of thought, if I decide to get something I'll let you know if it works.

I was just at BB and they have it for $218.99. I wanted to get it, but hesitated and came home w/o buying it. Didn't see this thread prior to, thought I would check here and sure enough, you guys are all mentioning about it. So, I'm going back there to get it tomorrow.

My local (Barboursville, WV) had them for 218.99 they still had 5 today. Anyone for the Cincy/Columbus area its about a 3 hour drive down here. I picked up another one for my upstairs computer, I paid with taxes $232, still a hundred cheaper than when I bought my first one a couple months ago.

You guys are lucky, two of my BB's have GTX260 as their best high-end card, and they go for $200-250.

Found 3 in the East side BB in Madison Wi, no love on the west side. $235.99 out the door w/Tax.

Damn, they had it at my Best buy for 209, but gone :(

I was just at BB and they have it for $218.99. I wanted to get it, but hesitated and came home w/o buying it. Didn't see this thread prior to, thought I would check here and sure enough, you guys are all mentioning about it. So, I'm going back there to get it tomorrow.

You should have got it. You can sell it on ebay for 320 all day long if you change your mind. $100 profit. Free money basically.

there were 3 at one of the local stores last week. i bought an air conditioner instead. went back again yesterday. they were all gone.

Back