BFG 8800 GT OC 237.99

hey cool case... anyways, like i asked before, did you guys upgrade your bios from BFG's website and do you recommend anyone who doesn't have the latest BIOS to to do so?

I think this might be the difference in temps, I have a side fan blowing on my card as well. Perhaps people with older cases that don't have the fans for the PCI slots are the ones experiencing high temps? Not gonna tell anyone to go out and buy a new case but I think pretty much every decent case in the last 5 years has had a fan mount on the side for the PCI portion of the MB!

hey cool case... anyways, like i asked before, did you guys upgrade your bios from BFG's website and do you recommend anyone who doesn't have the latest BIOS to to do so?

There's no need to if you already set up a fan profile in RivaTuner.

i bought two of these one was on a green pcb (came doa ) and one on a black pcb (works flawlessly) oh well wonder what the diff is?

You will probably flash it with the new BIOS anyway that turns on the fans sooner. I just did that to my black PCB card. It was scorching hot.

I have updated the BIOS and everything from BFG's site. Newest drivers, newest BIOS.. I idle around 60-65C. Of course, I just built the comp. It's still got an open case. :)

thank god for a lifetime warranty. we will be using it. i would return this card if i would not have purchased it so cheap. it does rock but it runs HOT.

i am looking at aftermarket coolers. also think it might be worth removing the stock cooler and artic silvering everything. i look on the side of my card and it has white gunk every frigging where. it is really sad. but what do you expect from something made in china.

happy holidays all!

Got one this past weekend at Best Buy for $250. This one is blue. I have only seen one other person mention getting a blue one. I haven't tested it yet since the machine I'm putting it in hasn't arrived yet.

A word of warning. There is a little round sticker on the fan. Mine came loose and jammed the fan and luckily no damage was done since I caught it in time.

I recommend peeling the sticker off the fan.

A word of warning. There is a little round sticker on the fan. Mine came loose and jammed the fan and luckily no damage was done since I caught it in time.

I recommend peeling the sticker off the fan.

Doesn't the card sit fan down in the PC so if the sticker came off shouldn't it just fall to the bottom of the case?

The card probably gets so hot that it melts the glue off stickers. If the fan fails will the card know and beep or shut down? Or will at least rivatuner give me some warning?

+1 on the 690, excellent case. Only issue I've had with it is the snaps for the front aren't holding as well as I'd like. But after running a Fan case screw into the middle, holds very well. That case also has a 120mm fan spot on the bottom of the case that I use to pull air in and blow right into the Vid card intake.

The card kept on working without the fan spinning. Luckily I was monitoring it with Rivatuner and noticed that I could not hear the fan speeding up.

I would recommend just taking the sticker off. It's a round sticker that says "OC overclocked".

heres a pic of the sticker that i had to dig out from underneath the T in 8800GT on the card, it was adhered to the inside because it had flipped over

8800stickerxk5.jpg

Back