BFG GTX260 OC2 won't turn on

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
Today I decided to finish off my system and start it up but the video card doesn't seem to be powering up. The fan doesn't start and I get one continuous beep followed by three short beeps during POST indicating no vga detected. Everything worked great not too long ago when I first purchased all the components and tested it.

I tested the PCI-E cables for continuity and they are all good. Now I want to check if I'm getting power through them but don't know what pins to check. I have a Corsair HX520 PSU. Anyone have some sort of diagram to show what pin has what voltage?

I really don't know what else to check for. Suggestions?

Last edited:
My first guess is what'd you change in between runs? Could you have shorted the graphics card accidentally? Did you update a BIOS? If you're sure the cables are plugged in to both the PSU and the graphics card, try swapping in another card and see if the system will boot. If that works, try another PSU if you have one.

No everything was the same.

I tests the PCI-E pins for voltage and they seem to have +12V across the positive side. So I guess the PSU is good and the GPU has the issue.

Does the actual PCI-E slot provide any voltage for the card to start up or is all the voltage provided through the two PCI-E power cables?

Yes the pcie slot does provide power, though probably isn't the issue.

Still could be a bad PCIe slot though, hard to tell w/o any other card to test

I installed it into one of my other PCI-E slots (black one) and it has the same issue. I don't understand why the fan doesn't even come on. The mobo is a ASUS P5Q Deluxe. Crap, what the hell could this be? :confused:

During the initial test, did you have the motherboard bolted into the case or did you test it on the bench? It almost sounds like an electrical short....but that would usually cause the power supply to shutdown completely...not stay powered with no fans. If you did test the board outside...I'd look for a stand-off or some other offending device. The fact that the fans do not turn on is a bit disconcerting.

Card sounds dead to me. Not sure what did it, unfortunately. If at all possible, test in a friend's machine, and if it doesn't work there contact BFG to RMA it.

I took it over to a friends house and it doesn't power up either. Piece of crap. How could a new video card just die while being unused?

How is BFG customer support? Will I get a refurbished card or will they repair it?

Went to their site to fill out the form and it doesn't show the series in the drop down list. The latest it shows is series 9. Is the 260 considered under series 9??

Last edited:
No, it's a 200 series card. Call or email them and you'll get taken care of. As for repair or refurbish, why do people ask these questions? If it works once you get it back and you didn't have to pay for it, what does it matter?

That's my point it's not listed. I mean come on BFG how long has the 200 series been out?

Fuzion,

Can you please send me over your contact info via PM so I can take care of this for you?

Also thanks for the heads up on the contact page, that was supposed to be updated automatically when new products are added, but it appears that it isn't happening. I'm looking into it now, and it should be corrected tomorrow morning.

Back