BFG Messed up, EVGA saved the day

kpedge said:
I'm going to 'say' this politely...you are out of line.

Whenever a parent suddenly dies, you sometimes do things to feel normal. Things that have no emotional weight, like PC gaming or getting menial tasks done just so you don't have to think about what's going on.

Frankly, you don't know what you'd do in his shoes.

/offtopic

True. I lost my mom in May, but still pieced together a new comp, just so I could stop thinking about for awhile. Doesn't work completely but it helped.

As for this situation kudos to eVGA, considering all the piss they are getting in other threads over a stupid cooler they deserve a little praise. I'm glad I switched from XFX.

John Malley said:
I'd just like to jump in and say that we are willing to do what it takes to resolve customer issues where and when they pop up, AND fix any processes that caused the issue(s) in the first place. Sometimes we aren't aware of an issue until someone brings it to our attention. We've addressed several customer issues that we only knew about due to these forums.

We aren't perfect and we know that. There have been some hiccups with our service, and we are committed to fixing every last one of them.

I would also like to say that if our Technical Support email and/or phone service isn't handling a particular RMA properly, we would rather learn about it directly by someone contacting either our Product Manager Dave Ash ([email protected]) or myself ([email protected]). It's great that the threads are here, but contacting us directly is the fastest way to get resolution after Tech Support.

Thanks

I wish this were the case, however in my opinion this was a publicity OP. All of your customers DESERVE the same customer support and service, Not what some receive. It is FACT that both of you were e-mailed and have to date NOT responded, nor has anyone at BFG. to coin the phrase "SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY". BFG clearly is selective in the customers whom they help.

Very nice way of handling the problem by BFG. BS happens....but there are some who go the distance to provide for the customer.

torment said:
Very nice way of handling the problem by BFG. BS happens....but there are some who go the distance to provide for the customer.

The problem is they DO NOT go the distance........

I'm very impressed with eVGA for stepping up to the plate and helping this guy out when they had absolutely no obligation to do anything for him. Props to that! Makes me very proud to have purchase an eVGA card.
As for BFG tech, I have no complaints so far with them. My brother owns a 6800 OC and it has been an excellent card.
Every company has service issues. it happens. but the good thing is that they have been taken care of.
BFG may or may not have responded to this thread for PR reasons, but i dont really thing thats here nor there. The fact of the matter is, someone higher up at the company didnt like what was happening and he made it right. Kudos to that.
Most managers wouldn't give to shits about what one person out of the millions of they're customers is going through.

And the fact the BFG and eVGA employees browse this forum speaks alot about both companies and the fact that they themselves are PC enthusiasts, not just corporate phat cats.

Oh an Thomas, I don't live in the US, and I don't believe in this war, but that does not mean that I don't think what you are doing is noble. I wish you good luck out there, and hopefully we will see you here again. It takes a lot of courage to put your life on the line for something that you believe in, and for that I have nothing but respect for you and everyone else that is fighting this fight.

The troubling this i see is that the 'defacto' service was broken, by BFG's own admission. Not that i think BFG is bad - quite the contrary i have owned BFG twice, but if the only way to get excellent service is indeed to register for hardocp forums to get your issue both elevated and resolved, and to get personal phone numbers to the 'big guns', then BFG has issues apparently. It sound like the RMA paperwork was mishandled or just flat out lost on BFG's side, and the lack of a supervisor not wanting to get on the phone is a real problem. From my customer service perspective, once you have valid paperwork on an RMA and the party did not recieve the RMA on time, and weeks have passed in after that fact, there would seem to be imcompetence of both the worker and supervisor (in this paticular case), or that BFG policy simply does not have a "Catch Net" for RMA's gone bad, or that that "Catch Net" is flawed. Moreover, if [H}ardocp forums is the place where you get resolution then [H]ardocp forums should then have a "BFG" support section for just such "elevations" of tech support. It's s shame that if this had been Joe_User he would not have had the same service. His paperwork would have remained lost or mishandled (as it was in this case) and mismanaged, and eVGA would have gained a loyal customer (in this case). I' m not against having these "reps" in forums, but to think that the only way you might truely get excellent service escalations is by registering in a hardware forum is absurd. The same level of service, escalations, and resolution of said should be done with "Joe_User". By no means do i think this is how BFG is generally ran. It could be an isolated incident type of thing, But again, Joe_User might have been left out in the cold if not for eVGA stepping up. it certainly looks like that. Hopefully BFG will always - always elevate a non-returned RMA to a supervisor and give great service in any case.

zone_86 said:
The troubling this i see is that the 'defacto' service was broken, by BFG's own admission. Not that i think BFG is bad - quite the contrary i have owned BFG twice, but if the only way to get excellent service is indeed to register for hardocp forums to get your issue both elevated and resolved, and to get personal phone numbers to the 'big guns', then BFG has issues apparently. It sound like the RMA paperwork was mishandled or just flat out lost on BFG's side, and the lack of a supervisor not wanting to get on the phone is a real problem. From my customer service perspective, once you have valid paperwork on an RMA and the party did not recieve the RMA on time, and weeks have passed in after that fact, there would seem to be imcompetence of both the worker and supervisor (in this paticular case), or that BFG policy simply does not have a "Catch Net" for RMA's gone bad, or that that "Catch Net" is flawed. Moreover, if [H}ardocp forums is the place where you get resolution then [H]ardocp forums should then have a "BFG" support section for just such "elevations" of tech support. It's s shame that if this had been Joe_User he would not have had the same service. His paperwork would have remained lost or mishandled (as it was in this case) and mismanaged, and eVGA would have gained a loyal customer (in this case). I' m not against having these "reps" in forums, but to think that the only way you might truely get excellent service escalations is by registering in a hardware forum is absurd. The same level of service, escalations, and resolution of said should be done with "Joe_User". By no means do i think this is how BFG is generally ran. It could be an isolated incident type of thing, But again, Joe_User might have been left out in the cold if not for eVGA stepping up. it certainly looks like that. Hopefully BFG will always - always elevate a non-returned RMA to a supervisor and give great service in any case.

I could not agree more, and the fact of the matter is this guy got service above and beyond the BFG standard, and again my belief was simply for PR reasons. You might want to see how they are treating me for instance. BFG refuses to call me back, refuses to put a supervisor on the phone. refuses to warranty a defective product. and it keeps going and going and going....

I have e-mailed the managers above, TRUTH be known they are aware of my issue and unfortunately also refuse to have the decency to respond, or rectify anything.

NoMoreBFG4me said:
I could not agree more, and the fact of the matter is this guy got service above and beyond the BFG standard, and again my belief was simply for PR reasons. You might want to see how they are treating me for instance. BFG refuses to call me back, refuses to put a supervisor on the phone. refuses to warranty a defective product. and it keeps going and going and going....
I have e-mailed the managers above, TRUTH be known they are aware of my issue and unfortunately also refuse to have the decency to respond, or rectify anything.

If this is true with an in-warranty product then i would give eVGA the trascript of your dealings, and see if they 'might' be willing to send you an eVGA version of your card. If your card is repairable (usually they are) they can resell it on thier ebay store if they have one. Try...you never know. We may be seeing a new trend here where one company shafts the user, and the other honors the warranty to gain a new customer. If it were me and it was my BFG i would send them a letter from my attorney. I would fax it as soon as i could. Also, in as much as i was stating how aweful it can be to think that you might have to register in a hardware forum (or at least know about them) to get any decent phone numbers to 'big wigs' that might respond, over the last 4 years companies deciding to have forums (likeVGA) are held directly accountable by the enthusiast community. There is no escaping it. You give bad customer service (as was happenning here) and you are then seen by thousands of enthusiasts (word get's around very quick) as non-compliant...it's a PR mightmare. So forums can be good also. It's very likely that had a major BFG rep not been right here in this forum there would have been zero resolution, or extremely "belated" resolution (like 6 months). So my advice.... don't wait for the "BFG" guy here in the forum. If you have honestly tried to no avail, and you have proper reason to get an RMA, take it to an attorney who will charge you a small fee to warn them of non-compliance of customer warranty. Also use the BFG rep in this forum as ammunition as to the 'fact' that apparently it can 'be' resolved as easily as a phone call. Get tha ball rolling and hold them accountable. Or call eVGA. See what they will do.

Back