BFG MX-550 or Corsair HX620

Cowboy420

Gawd
Im looking for a modular PSU to replace my Antec 480. The Antec has been great so far, but I need to do some better cable managing so thats why I want a modular PSU. I can get the BFG for a little cheaper, but I know nothing about how they make PSU'S.

Umm, the BFG unit also has a 5 year warranty (plus their RMA process is quite painless in my experience) and it's a very very solid unit as well, just as top notch as the Corsair HX or any other PSU at that price point really... You can't go wrong either way, I'd pick whichever you get the best deal on.

Outside of price, and the fact that you're comparing the MX 550 vs the HX620 rather than the HX520 :p, I don't think anything really puts one of those units ahead of the other by much.

Oh, sure. I'm sure the BFG is fine. Just my personal preference, I'd rather have a Seasonic-based unit versus a Fore Point/Fortrex-based one is all.

after about 8 months running the rig in my sig, i had to RMA the BFG power supply.

While I waited for the new PSU, I 'loaned' one from Best Buy.

So... I would probably get the cheaper BFG unit because if it breaks, they will replace it.

after about 8 months running the rig in my sig, i had to RMA the BFG power supply.

While I waited for the new PSU, I 'loaned' one from Best Buy.

So... I would probably get the cheaper BFG unit because if it breaks, they will replace it.

Not sure what you're saying here, but Corsair also replaces any unit that fails during our warranty period.

Not sure what you're saying here, but Corsair also replaces any unit that fails during our warranty period.

yeah, I was wondering the same thing, BFG is hardly the only company that offers a warranty on their psus...

:confused:

Umm, the BFG unit also has a 5 year warranty (plus their RMA process is quite painless in my experience) and it's a very very solid unit as well, just as top notch as the Corsair HX or any other PSU at that price point really... You can't go wrong either way, I'd pick whichever you get the best deal on.

Outside of price, and the fact that you're comparing the MX 550 vs the HX620 rather than the HX520 :p, I don't think anything really puts one of those units ahead of the other by much.

Ok so it sounds like both of them are good products, guess I will just flip a coin. The Antec that I have now doesn't even have sleeved wires, so its quite a mess inside of my case.

They are about equal quality. However, the Corsair is quieter. If the prices are similar, I would go with the Corsair for the lower noise output and the higher capacity. If there's a big gap though, go with the BFG.

Back