BFGTech GeForce GTX 260 OCX MAXCORE @ [H]

"In Crysis, the BFGTech GeForce GTX 260 OCX MAXCORE allowed us to play at 1920x1200 with 16X AF, and no AA..."

I remember a bit over a year ago taking a huge amount of flack when I said that AA would soon be unnecessary. And now here is Mark commenting on performance without AA in Crysis. Things are indeed panning out as I predicted... Ha-frickin'-Ha! I'm eyeing this card big time!

It's not unnecessary, but some settings are awfull when turned down that some need to be sacrificed. Well that's just my opinion, dunno about such high res since I only game at a max of 1280x800 / 1152x864.

So would you guys switch an EVGA old 260 for a new 260 for $20 ?

I have the chance to do this, but Im not so sure.

So would you guys switch an EVGA old 260 for a new 260 for $20 ?

I have the chance to do this, but Im not so sure.

Absolutetly. 20$ to mess around with the inside of your computer and "upgrade" even if it is minor is well worth it.

Is it just me or does Hard OCP seem to be very bias lately when comparing r700 to g90's

ATI has won this round but them seem to put them down on every test

When you see comparisons of the 260's on other websites the r700's hand them there heads

Is it just me or does Hard OCP seem to be very bias lately when comparing r700 to g90's

When you see comparisons of the 260's on other websites the r700's hand them there heads

Maybe because [H]ard does games and not timed demos. They also don't just look at straight "average" they look at the bigger picture. For example, the average american has one testicle and one ovary.

Maybe because [H]ard does games and not timed demos. They also don't just look at straight "average" they look at the bigger picture. For example, the average american has one testicle and one ovary.

Have you been to guru3d or techreport lately? Pretty sure that their cod4 and crysis numbers are from running fraps while playing through the game.

Have you been to guru3d or techreport lately? Pretty sure that their cod4 and crysis numbers are from running fraps while playing through the game.

they don't tell you what drivers they are using, or even what level or where in the game they are running thier "benchmarks". I.e. you can't reproduce thier results, so what good are they?

It has been always like that, the only time that I saw [H] talking a bit positive about ATi was when they released the X1900 series of cards and even they dared to say that it wasn't much faster, it was faster than any nVidia solution at that time, so it was considerably faster. Afterwards, only ATi bashing happened when the HD 2900XT debuted, HD 3800 series and even today, with the RV770 GPU.

I'd actually say H is the least biased review site on the net, at least that I've read... anyone that feels otherwise is just jealous because their favorite product got outperformed.

I'd actually say H is the least biased review site on the net, at least that I've read... anyone that feels otherwise is just jealous because their favorite product got outperformed.

Oh my God, a kid like you talking that way proves that in reality you are a kid. Is not about jealous, ATi nor nVidia gives us money when we praise their products.

I don't see [H] bashing RV770 GPU, really, please point out where is the bashing.

The 4870 and GTX260 are very close in performnace in a lot of games. 4870x2 on the other hand is miles ahead of a gtx280. I've seen both side by side. Hard didn't do a 4870x2 review until very late in the game...and their review basically showed lower numbers for the 4870x2 than 95% of the other sites. I assume ATI did not send them a card for review like they did with the other sites. I dont think ATI likes Hard...and vice versa.

The 4870 and GTX260 are very close in performnace in a lot of games. 4870x2 on the other hand is miles ahead of a gtx280. I've seen both side by side. Hard didn't do a 4870x2 review until very late in the game...and their review basically showed lower numbers for the 4870x2 than 95% of the other sites. I assume ATI did not send them a card for review like they did with the other sites. I dont think ATI likes Hard...and vice versa.

Regardless of whether ATI likes [H] or not, the review gives us a needed glimpse at what kind of real world gaming experience we are going to have for our money. I remember several positive comments they have made in reviews about the 4850 and even the 4870. But in the majority of the games they test, if the majority perform better with a certain brand, they are going to report that. They're not going to waste their time tweaking things so it looks like nVidia is better. If you're going to play the games that the nVidia card wins at more often, buy the stupid nVidia brand card. If you are going to spend a lot of time playing Grid and other ATI winning games, get the 4870.

No matter which side of the fence you're on the reviews from [H] and others give us the chance to get some advanced "recon" if you will, about the new cards. When I spend my money on a new card, it will be after a lot of research. Quit complaining about bias, etc. and take the knowledge they're giving us here for what it's worth. If it's not worth anything to you, you can just ignore it. :D

edit: sorry for bump. Didn't realize how old this thread was. (feel free to delete)

If the R700 was getting owned why did Nvidia's stock start falling like a rock when rv770's where released?

We all know amds problem with the K10 desaster. Amd's q3 results showed the ati section showing profit.

You're right, AMD is a great buy, I suggest you go sink all your money into it.

Back