big adv shortage again?

They offer evga bucks good for purchase of B stock products for participation.
Exactly, EVGA has many promotions that we simply cannot match.

They offer evga bucks good for purchase of B stock products for participation.

I see, I just read up on that a bit to find out more details.

This is probably a really long shot, but I wonder if it would be feasible for Hardocp to procure sponsors to provide hardware for folding contests in exchange for the front page exposure?

This is probably a really long shot, but I wonder if it would be feasible for Hardocp to procure sponsors to provide hardware for folding contests in exchange for the front page exposure?

Excellent idea.

The prizes for folding contest at EVGA are donated by the members themselves. There is a very generous member there that donates multiple 2600's and 560 (and I mean many).
EVGA does give out bucks but has no involvement in the folding contests.

FYI

We donate our own hardware to produce giveaway systems coordinated by Kendrak at least quarterly. Getting corporate sponsors for this would detract from one of our team's distinguishing characteristics (although our other team feature, being almost universally good looking and irresistable to the opposite sex, would be unaffected). What we do need however is for [H] to give us front page coverage when we run these giveaways.

We donate our own hardware to produce giveaway systems coordinated by Kendrak at least quarterly. Getting corporate sponsors for this would detract from one of our team's distinguishing characteristics (although our other team feature, being almost universally good looking and irresistable to the opposite sex, would be unaffected). What we do need however is for [H] to give us front page coverage when we run these giveaways.

That is understandable, I'm just trying to come up with ideas that could be competitive with their strategy.

If we assume that the user draw from our contests cancels out with the user draw from their contests, they still have the benefit of the EVGA bucks, which can essentially guarantee something for folding for their team. That is a pretty large advantage to attract users IMO.

surprised it hasent been suggested again....but we need RATBUCKZ !!!

how did we get from "bigadv shortage" to EVGA Bucks?..... I'm lost

I've been pulling a steady supply of 6903s and 6904s with the odd 6901 sprinkled in for good measure. I haven't seen any regular SMP units.

My big bigadv rigs are fine, it's my standard bigadv rigs that are doing nothing but SMP

pulled a 6900 since I got the OC bugs out of my rig and went back online full time last week

I haven't had a bigadv in days. My ppd is about 50k down from what it used to be under the old points system. Makes me wonder if it's worth continuing.

I got one finally.... after days of crap....

thank god for bigbetas....

My 4P has been chugging along just fine....

/shrug

Definitely seeing an impact here, All 5 bigadv (but not bigbeta capable machine) are still running SMP, and seeing about a 7-8kppd difference in each machine, so it does add up a bit. On this team, it makes it much harder to keep up with the bigbeta boxes, which are screaming out the points.

Getting lots of 6900's but getting a higher failure rate compared to before this weeks events. Have had 6 failures in a week whereas before I hadn't had a single one in months. Some more quality control would be nice. I've noticed points decrease as well.

These 10XXX SMP WU's are pigs, 17 min tpf on a 2600K for 21K ppd.

All the pain of bigadv, now available without the points!

Ouch. Did they crash as soon as they started the run, or at some point later?

Same here .. crashed right after getting 6900WU .. with FILE_IO_ERROR.
but when it got other WU .. works just fine.

13:44:57:FahCore 0xa5 started
13:44:57:FahCore, running Unit 01, returned: FILE_IO_ERROR (117)
13:44:57:WARNING: Unit 01 Fatal error, dumping
13:44:57:Sending unit results: id:01 state:SEND project:6900 run:36 clone:13 gen:75 core:0xa5 unit:0x0000004752be740d4de96a3c676676d7

So maybe my overclock is not bad...
harbringer is having issue with its 6904....
temps are good dunno whats up...but I have had it off for a few days again...

anyhow if you think you have a bad wu....always report it to FF with logs
that is the only way they can get them fixed... if no one reports bad wu they assume they are good.

taking my own advice and am going to post the 6904....

So maybe my overclock is not bad...
harbringer is having issue with its 6904....
temps are good dunno whats up...but I have had it off for a few days again...

anyhow if you think you have a bad wu....always report it to FF with logs
that is the only way they can get them fixed... if no one reports bad wu they assume they are good.

taking my own advice and am going to post the 6904....

Try one of Tears 6904 captured work units first.

I have a Linux (CentOS 5.7 64-bit) machine pulling what I think are consecutive SMP -bigadv WUs. Log shows them using SMP, the A3 core and decent point values:

Project 6099 (Run 6, Clone 1, Gen 22) returned 0135Z 7 Nov [8 min per frame]
Project 6099 (Run 8 Clone 16 Gen 22) returned 1508Z 7 Nov [8 min per frame]
Project 6099 (Run 7 Clone 3 Gen 16) returned 0434Z 8 Nov [8 min per frame]
Project 6079 (Run 0 Clone 175 Gen 135) returned 0930Z 8 Nov [3 min per frame]
Project 7508 (Run 0 Clone 70 Gen 71) returned 1617Z 8 Nov [4 min per frame]

Points showing up on ExtremeOC are roughly 8-13K per unit. I'm unsure of the actual points, trying to determine which turn-in was at what time is not working out.

The rig: FX-8120 at stock on a Sabertooth 990FX / 16gb DDR3 1600

Strikemaster, none of those are bigadv units, they are all regular SMP units.

Not bad given all the recent negative press regarding BD - any chance you could post your exact frame times for the projects above? we've beem wanting [H]ard numbers on BD for some time, and based on what you are posting above it looks a lot better in *nix

we've beem wanting [H]ard numbers on BD for some time, and based on what you are posting above it looks a lot better in *nix
musky is sending me his 8120 to try out on my Crosshair V, I can't wait to see how much I can OC it and get us some numbers with Tobit*nix.

13:44:57:FahCore 0xa5 started
13:44:57:FahCore, running Unit 01, returned: FILE_IO_ERROR (117)
13:44:57:WARNING: Unit 01 Fatal error, dumping
13:44:57:Sending unit results: id:01 state:SEND project:6900 run:36 clone:13 gen:75 core:0xa5 unit:0x0000004752be740d4de96a3c676676d7

i was getting the same thing on both my machines this morning.

If it's a FILE_IO_ERROR affecting multiple users with the same project, it could be a server issue causing some corruption during packaging/delivery. They are moving some bigadv servers around right now. *shrugs*

Not bad given all the recent negative press regarding BD - any chance you could post your exact frame times for the projects above? we've beem wanting [H]ard numbers on BD for some time, and based on what you are posting above it looks a lot better in *nix
I'll start a new thread

Back