BIG bottleneck =\ xp3000+ 333fsb & bfg6800gt

bluefire7

Weaksauce
specs:

athlon barton 3000+ 333 fsb (stock speed unfortunately.. cuz of old mb)
400W psu
abit at7-max2 (old crap)
1GB ddr at 333 (cuz of old mb)
bfg 6800gt oc (probly at stock speed once i get it since it's not the prob with my system)

any suggestions?

Get some new RAM, some quicker stuff. Thats the only thing holding you back.

4keatimj said:
Get some new RAM, some quicker stuff. Thats the only thing holding you back.

not really.. if that proc is locked (its multi is 13) hes not gonna be able to go that far with it.

Multiplier killed ya *tear*. I went the way of the cheap 2500+ @ 3200+, which is fast enough that 64bit doesnt interest me, not until it matures a bit more. I just bought a 6800 nu a couples days ago, should be here soon. Im expecting a bit of a bottleneck but nothing serious. So I should be playing Doom III in high quality pretty soon :) . What do you guys thing I should do with my old FX 5200 nu? Be creative lol.

I suggest "suffering" with your current system until you can do a full Motherboard/CPU upgrade. Simply ugrading your motherboard to something with oh say one with the Nforce 2 Ultra 400 chipset would allow you to run your ram at 400mhz but the 13 multi on your cpu would probably kill any chances of a good OC.

Now buying a 64bit AMD would help with your gaming experience, but would cost you a couple hundred bucks. I have my sites set on the 754 socket 64bits, simply because they are more reasonably priced. They were kind of skiped over when the 939 socket came out.

Hope some of this is helpful, good luck with your awesome card!

-Tryqus

just_sum_dude said:
What do you guys thing I should do with my old FX 5200 nu? Be creative lol.

-Tryqus
burn it, and put it out with piss. that peice of garbage probably deserves worse :p

lithium726 said:
not really.. if that proc is locked (its multi is 13) hes not gonna be able to go that far with it.

I wasn't thinking of OC'ing the proc (admittedly you have to), but getting better RAM to increase the mhz and thus the data rate. Thats the major problem with the system at the moment, if you increase the speed of the RAM, sure you might not be able to go too far over the speed of what he has at the moment - but the RAM will be stable, and the comp will be quicker.

On the other hand, buy a new mobo, proc and RAM and the problem will no longer exist ;)

Back