Big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubomatic5

Limp Gawd
I sold a full copy of Microsoft office 2007 to someone on ebay.

I agreed to ship it to canada. I ship it already and he tells me paypal has the address to his old house and says he'll try to get in contact with them.

Half a week later I have to go on vacation for a week.

When I get back there is a dispute and he's saying he's never recieved it.
I then get Microsoft Office back a week later with a sticker on it saying the person to the address has moved.

He then tells me to ship it to his nephew in texas and I do.

To this day he still hasn't gotten it and I have lost $325.

I have perfect heat and 24 100% for ebay.

Is there something wrong?

Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

First off, why would you ship it to Texas when the guy was in Canada?? Never ship it to someone else, always ship it to the person it was intended to.

You are pretty much SOL. You did not ship it to the buyers confirmed address, so Paypal will not help you out. They will tell you the same thing.

firstly I find it a huge PIA to ship to Canada, so there's your problem 1.
2. Should have insisted the dispute be dropped before you reshipped anywhere.
3. bet that address in TX wasn't a confirmed address.

Sorry, game over I bet.

I agreed to ship it to canada. I ship it already and he tells me paypal has the address to his old house and says he'll try to get in contact with them.

I then get Microsoft Office back a week later with a sticker on it saying the person to the address has moved.

If you shipped it to a PayPal verified address then you shouldn't be out anything, did paypal decide against you? I never ship to non confirmed addresses.

Yeah why would you send it to Texas for a guy in Canada? That was pretty stupid, no offense.

Did you send the money back? If you did why? Say you sent it to the address he provided, assuming you had Delivery Confirmation, he can't complain at all. It got to the address he gave you.

There's probably no way to get your money back short of a Paypal charge back. You could try that if you have evidence it reached the address in Texas.

Do a reverse look up in the phone book to see if there is a phone number connected to that address. Chances are slim but it is worth a shot and you can get the Texas locals to help you out in case.

Usually when I get someone with an non-confirmed address, I ask for a phone number and then give them a call to see if it is legit. It is a 50/50 chance but the stuff I sell on eBay is not stuff that interests scammers anyway.

Thanks for the fast responses guys.

Yeah that was pretty stupid on my part to ship it to texas..

So is it really game over?

Can I call and ask pay pal about this?

I've bought/sold on Ebay since 1998 and except for a few RARE exceptions I NEVER ship outside CONUS (Continental US). As others have said it increases your risk of problems and can become a royal PITA.

If you shipped to Canada you have SO MUCH going against you (Customs and their fees).

AVOID ...

The best you can do is contact Paypal and see what they can do for you. Since you shipped (eventually) to a non-confirmed address though, you're going to have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back